PDA

View Full Version : Slide carpet issue

tech740
04-18-2020, 02:20 PM
How do I fix this? I have tried Gorilla mounting tape but when the slide is extended the slide carpet rubs against the carpet on the floor and causes it to come loose. When the slides are in there is no way to get a stapler or brad nailer in the area to pin it to the bottom of the slide. Does doing the repair correctly mean the dealer has to remove the slide? It is under warranty but I would rather just fix it at home if it is simple enough.

Thanks
RJ

Ken / Claudia
04-18-2020, 03:33 PM
It looks similar to mine. One end on mine foils under. I just pull it out straight and flat after the slide is open. I tried using a putty knife to push it down and back in place. The next time the slide was moved it did the same again. I also have marks on the carpet like your photo and thought of having it fixed under warranty, but it wore a little and no more. Really it's just drag marks, after 7 years I cannot say it got worse then after using the slide on the 1st trip.
My opinion is if you want that flap of carpet fixed you would need to attach it under the slide floor/wall. The slide will likely need to be removed. That's too much work for me when I can correct it with a little tug after the slide is open.