PDA

View Full Version : Slide out binds up

CDExpress
04-16-2020, 02:14 PM
2017 outback ubh slide goes out roughly 1-2 feet and cables get really tight and it binds up Any ideas. Thanks

roadglide
04-16-2020, 04:57 PM
I would take the top wood paneling of inside the slide and look for cable lugs colliding as they pass bye. Is this something that just happened?

CDExpress
04-16-2020, 11:20 PM
Yup took it out from storage and wouldn’t go out

retired school dude
04-17-2020, 04:24 AM
Got any cabinet doors near slide? I found out the hard way. Kitchen cabinet door popped open during travel and jammed between slide and cabinet base as slide opened. Broke cabinet hinges. Luckily, I was able to have wife bring slide in a couple inches while I got cabinet door out of the way.

flybouy
04-17-2020, 04:38 AM
Have you checked all the "simple stuff" first? Trailer level? Battery charged? Plugged in to shore power? Any obstructions outside, including underneath? Any obstructions inside? A foreign object like a broom, cabinet door, Kids toy, etc. in between the wall and the slide?

What sounds do you hear? Any sound of crunching, motor strain, etc.? Look at the "simple stuff" first and exhaust all those possibilities before you start disassembling components.

CDExpress
04-17-2020, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the tips all. I’ll check it out and let everyone know I make out. Thanks