PDA

View Full Version : Where's the button

Big 417
04-14-2020, 08:33 AM
I know this horse has been beat to death, and I did attempt to do a search on here.

So I'm sitting in my fuzion 417, sipping on a cold beer, waiting impatiently for the snow to melt. Just tinkering about. I thought I'd try the damn air to tv. Might be worth getting to know the system in the off chance I'm parked somewhere my satellite dish don't work.

I know I have to power up the antenna, and keep in mind, this is only 1 beer in. I checked behind all 3 tv's, checked the extra coax plate hidden up above the bed in the cupboard too. No power button to press. The only one I didn't look at was the hook ups in the basement storage. Something I don't know????

JDDilly
04-14-2020, 09:05 AM
Do you have KeyTV? If so, nothing to turn on. Just set TV to scan on air and all should work.

Big 417
04-14-2020, 09:10 AM
Do you have KeyTV? If so, nothing to turn on. Just set TV to scan on air and all should work.

Great question, I have no idea lol. I see others have found the power button on the plate above the headboard. Maybe I should have a second look.

AbHDToyHauler
04-14-2020, 09:20 AM
Great question, I have no idea lol. I see others have found the power button on the plate above the headboard. Maybe I should have a second look.

On my Fuzion it's in the closet in master bedroom just above shelf in closet. Hope that helps.

Big 417
04-14-2020, 09:21 AM
On my Fuzion it's in the closet in master bedroom just above shelf in closet. Hope that helps.

Hmm, haven't looked there.

JDDilly
04-14-2020, 09:21 AM
KeyTV has only been around for a couple years, so if your rig is older then a few years old, it may have a button.

Big 417
04-14-2020, 09:24 AM
KeyTV has only been around for a couple years, so if your rig is older then a few years old, it may have a button.

It's a 2018. So I'm thinking it has a button somewhere.

LewisB
04-14-2020, 10:00 AM
KeyTV started in 2018 ("KeyTV is a Keystone exclusive and available on most models beginning September 2018"), so you may/may not have it depending on the status of parts during your build. Our 2018 Raptor 353TS does NOT have Key TV; the booster is in a wall plate above the head of the bed (behind a valance/molding strip). I know because if I leave it on at night, the red LED shines directly in my eyes while trying to sleep.:eek:

JRTJH
04-14-2020, 10:37 AM
The 2018 Fuzion brochure lists, "TV antenna with powered booster" and doesn't specifically list the "KeyTV" system. Usually Keystone is very VERY good at listing all the features to "improve impression over the competition" so I'd suspect that if "KeyTV" was installed, it would be "in the brochure".... My guess: Keep looking for that booster switch, it's likely there somewhere.....

flybouy
04-14-2020, 12:56 PM
:lol:Just pretend it's an Easter egg with money inside that wasn't found 2 days ago.

Big 417
04-14-2020, 07:18 PM
Ok ok, so I'm blind lol. It was up in the road side cupboard above the bed.

Mystery solved. Thanks for the pointers

hankpage
04-14-2020, 08:53 PM
Glad you found it but now I want to know where this egg with money in it is hiding.
All kidding aside, were you able to scan any worthwhile stations?

Big 417
04-14-2020, 09:03 PM
That's for another time. I had to sneak out to find the button lol

CaptnJohn
04-23-2020, 04:42 PM
My 2019.5 Montana has the power awning rails by Dometic. Two lights were provided when purchased. No switch has been found by me or the dealership. Keystone and Dometic are clueless where it could be. I thought it may be tied to awning lights (2 awnings) or safety lights,,, Nope. Seems installed with no way to turn on so I'll be playing with it. No dedicated fuse either.

LHaven
04-23-2020, 11:25 PM
My 2019.5 Montana has the power awning rails by Dometic. Two lights were provided when purchased. No switch has been found by me or the dealership. Keystone and Dometic are clueless where it could be. I thought it may be tied to awning lights (2 awnings) or safety lights,,, Nope. Seems installed with no way to turn on so I'll be playing with it. No dedicated fuse either.

If you can't turn on the lights, how do you know there's no dedicated fuse? Maybe there is, but it's impossible to identify because there's no difference between off and off.

Sounds like a challenging treasure hunt. If this were my rig, I'd approach it by disconnecting all shore and battery power, unplugging all fuses, then clipping a toner (example (https://www.amazon.com/BSIDE-Telephone-Wire-Tracker-Continuity/dp/B07JQ3FV8R)) to the light socket. Then you have to pretty much frisk your entire rig with the toner wand to see where signal pops up.

It's a haphazard job, but if you frisk the interior walls, the outside kitchen (if there is one) and every other place where it would be reasonable for somebody to locate a light switch, you should find one if there is one. And since the wiring won't be coax, you might be able to trace its path from the light sockets just from weak tone.

Once you find the switch you can turn it on, tone out the fusebox, and have a record of which fuse slot feeds those lights. But unless the switch is on, you won't see useful tone at the fusebox.

05Fatboy
04-24-2020, 01:45 AM
CAPTNJOHN when looking for light switches I found my remote helpful on my 347THT ,I couldn't find a way to turn the nose light over the hitch off until I read many treads on this site .