PDA

View Full Version : Rock Chips

Jawplw
04-11-2020, 04:05 PM
Hi All
Wife and I have 2018 Cougar 29RLDWE trailer.
After trips to Alaska we picked up some small chips in front of trailer, very good mud flaps on F350.
Now I am looking for something to put on front of our trailer only to cover the bottom part about one foot up. Part behind propane tanks are good.
The way the trailer made it curves in for batteries.
What am looking for in size one foot high by two foot long on both sides.
Hope my photo is attached.
Thanks
John

JRTJH
04-11-2020, 04:48 PM
There are several forms of diamond plate that would work. It comes in different materials (vinyl, rubber, aluminum), different thicknesses (3-6 mils, 1/8", 0.032", etc) some with adhesive backing, some that can be screwed or glued in place.

Amazon has several selections already precut to 12"x24" sheets in silver, black, white and gray.

Alternatively, any Line-X dealer can spray a "rock guard" on the areas you want protected, probably in an afternoon.

Jawplw
04-11-2020, 04:56 PM
Thanks I will check out Amazon, called my dealer and they closed till the world gets back to some kind of normal.
Thanks again

skids
04-12-2020, 03:27 PM
There are several forms of diamond plate that would work. It comes in different materials (vinyl, rubber, aluminum), different thicknesses (3-6 mils, 1/8", 0.032", etc) some with adhesive backing, some that can be screwed or glued in place.

Amazon has several selections already precut to 12"x24" sheets in silver, black, white and gray.

Alternatively, any Line-X dealer can spray a "rock guard" on the areas you want protected, probably in an afternoon.

I had my bed sprayed with Line-x. The tech said it goes on hot. Would that work in fiberglas?

JRTJH
04-12-2020, 04:30 PM
I had my bed sprayed with Line-x. The tech said it goes on hot. Would that work in fiberglas?

The company (not a tech) advertises that it protects everything from concrete to Styrofoam and much more "in between"....

https://linex.com/protective-coatings

flybouy
04-12-2020, 05:14 PM
My BIL has an Rpod and lives 7 miles up a dirt rd in Divide, CO. He has the lower front LineX'd about 8 yrs and it still looks good.