PDA

View Full Version : Solera Smart Arm Awning Non-Responsive

Twisties
04-08-2020, 03:33 PM
We have two. The front awning operates normally. The rear awning is dead.

When we try to operate it from the In Command panel we hear a solenoid (I assume) engage in the In Command wiring module in the pass through compartment. But nothing happens at the awning.

The control panel on the awning arm is completely non-responsive. No lights, nothing. Our best guess is that power is not getting to the awning, but we don't what to check. I do have a multi-meter, just not familiar with how it's wired or common fault modes.

We're in warranty, but 2000 miles from our dealer. It's getting warm and the shade would be nice.

Any advice is welcome.

JRTJH
04-08-2020, 05:17 PM
Go to the Keystone website and find a local dealer: https://www.keystonerv.com/find-a-dealer/

Thalfam
05-20-2020, 10:38 AM
Hello, we are experiencing the same problem with the Smart Arm on our 2020 Cougar, were you able to fix it yourself? We’re currently camping and it wouldn’t be much of an issues but our awning also has the lights built in, as in we have no lights affixed to the outside of the coach?

KRumm
05-20-2020, 11:19 AM
The OP non functioning awning is on the back slideout... I would look under the slideout and make sure electric cabling from the rig to the slideout did not get pinched...