PDA

View Full Version : Reese HP Dual Cam

DEW
10-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Hope I made the right decision... I had to bring in my Laredo for some warranty work (leaky fresh water tank when full and the linoleum in the kitchen bubbling up) and decided to have my friction sway control changed to a Dual Cam.

My only question is, how does it work when making corners.... I understand they are supposed to slide, but will the one arm slide far enough out of the detent in the distribution bar and drop to the ground?

Also I understand you do not need to do anything when backing up (like when I had to remove the friction sway control). Is this true?

jq1031
10-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Never heard any negetive comments about the dual cam, although I'm sure some may not be happy. I've added a 2nd friction bar to my set up & looking forward to putting it to the test next month. Even with one friction bar it did very well, two should be pretty close to the dual cam. Regarding backing up that is an easy fix, just loosen the control handles & back up. My TV weights in at 7500lbs so that helps alot to control sway..

therink
10-14-2011, 06:44 PM
I had the Reese DC on my last 31' TT. I never had any problems when turning or backing. It was a very good system. It did not however control sway like I expected in high cross winds or trucks passing. I tried every adjustment, but I finally gave in to the theory that a 31' trailer is too long to tow for my comfort. I threw in the towel and bought a fiver.

5forcamping
10-14-2011, 07:58 PM
No problems so far with my dual-cam. Yes, you are correct in that you do not remove or adjust anything when backing up.

ktmracer
10-14-2011, 08:08 PM
No problems so far with my dual-cam. Yes, you are correct in that you do not remove or adjust anything when backing up.

x2, don't worry about turns either. I'm amazed at how stable my outback (35' overall) is even with gusty winds with the dual cam.

SLIMSHADIE
10-15-2011, 04:41 PM
I have the dual cam, great setup. No worries about sharp corners or backing up. I dont have any problems with sway either, must have the right setup and configured correctly?:bdance:

DEW
10-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Well, I have the Dual Cam installed now. I just picked it up after some of the warranty work was done too.
Although the trailer was empty now, it was quite windy on the 45km drive back home. I had a few semi's come past me too and it did not feel anything.

I guess the big test will not be until next year when I bring it back out of 'hibernation'.

nick
11-12-2011, 05:42 PM
I went through two other setups before before the dual cam. My first one was the husky hitch installed from the dealer and the second was the Reese SC hitch. (friction sway control)I finally ended up with the dual cam and I love it. We tow a Outback 260fl with a TW of 765lbs. No sway and backing up is a dream. We have a 5.7 Tundra with a long bed.