PDA

View Full Version : Factory Tour

Steve's 70-5
04-02-2020, 09:48 AM
Several weeks ago, did a factory tour. It was just me and my wife and a couple of Keystone office people. It was very interesting for me, I am in construction and seeing how things are built interest me. When we where there they where running Avalanche 5th Wheel, was wanting to see Laredo TT, but did not work out schedule wise. When we where there they where not working on anything, they where done for the day at 1:00PM

When putting a unit together everything is there and they install it on the frame. If your slide has appliances in it, all that stuff is in the slide then it is set in the unit.

It was well worth the drive.

maccam1
04-02-2020, 10:57 AM
did a coachmen tours several years back,it is very intresting

travelin texans
04-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Several weeks ago, did a factory tour. It was just me and my wife and a couple of Keystone office people. It was very interesting for me, I am in construction and seeing how things are built interest me. When we where there they where running Avalanche 5th Wheel, was wanting to see Laredo TT, but did not work out schedule wise. When we where there they where not working on anything, they where done for the day at 1:00PM

When putting a unit together everything is there and they install it on the frame. If your slide has appliances in it, all that stuff is in the slide then it is set in the unit.

It was well worth the drive.

Typically they're done/gone by about noon every day or once their daily quota is out the door.
It's very interesting watching as the frames come in upside down til all the tanks, wiring, coroplast is in place & axles mounted then flips over where the floor with all the flooring is added before interior walls go up over the flooring then outside walls also over the flooring, followed by the roof.
It will answer a lot of questions about WHY some things in a rv are as they are.