PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Passport GT 2890RL - JT Strongarm install question

GiantMike
03-31-2020, 01:36 PM
Purchased the JT Strongarm for TT's (PN 191025) and have a few questions on the install:

1) Given the layout of the A-Frame structure that leads from the hitch to the underside of the trailer, it looks like it would be a REAL PAIN to put two stabilizers per jack on the front of the trailer. I presume that putting one stabilizer per fronts (going down the length of the trailer as opposed to going under) would work and putting the two stabilizer arms on each of the rears (one long ways, one across)— basically reversing the method that they post in their instructions — would work and make it easier to get to the T-Handles to tighten / loosen as needed, yes?

2) The underside belly of the TT is covered in a plastic corrugated sheet and it makes it a challenge to see where to anchor the cross-trailer stabilizers from the rear. I can probably make out by feel and by observing where the panel securing bolts and washers are under the trailer. However it appears that there is an assumption for the stabilizers that meet halfway across the trailer width are anchored into the frame? It almost looks like I want to order two more spacer mounts to bolt into the frame to secure the two arms to that go from left to right.

Looking for suggestions on how to approach this before I start drilling into the frame for arm securing locations. Thanks in advance.

Mike