PDA

View Full Version : Hello

GrandmaJ
03-27-2020, 05:30 PM
Hello all! My hubby and I will be picking up our 24SABWE TT next week. We reside in a small mountain town in Wrightwood California. If all goes well, we are planning a cross-country trip this summer!:thewave:
Any and all advice is welcomed; places to see, places to avoid, etc.
BTW what do the letters SAWBE stand for in our model number? This has us stumped?

Logan X
03-27-2020, 05:52 PM
Welcome to the forum!

The WE stands for western edition for sure. The S probably stand for slide out. I’m not sure what the AB stands for, it is probably the floorplan designation, like Aft Bath or something like that. Looking at the floorplan, I’m going to take a wild guess and say the SAB is Slide Across from Bathroom

Congratulations on your new trailer!

JRTJH
03-27-2020, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you'll find your time here educational, entertaining and enjoyable... We're happy to have you as a new member.

Your question about the model designation is fairly easy to answer.

The 24SABWE is "model 24" (not length) SAB is "side aisle bath" and WE is "Western Edition" (Built in the Oregon plant). Some earlier production trailers had a "walk through bath" with the toilet on one side, sink/shower/tub on the other. Those provide more "usable space in the forward section of the trailer but less privacy in the bathroom, so most RV manufacturers went to the "side aisle" to put all the bathroom facilities in one room.

At Keystone, normally where there are "identical model numbers, the WE often indicates larger holding tanks and sometimes features for "enhanced dry camping", but that's not always the case.

Anyway, if you have any other questions, ask away, hopefully someone will have the answers you're looking for.

Gary R.
03-27-2020, 06:28 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum! May you have many safe and enjoyable travels with that new TT!

Chris P
03-28-2020, 12:58 PM
Congratulations and Welcome from New Jersey

Northofu1
03-28-2020, 02:07 PM
Congrats and :wlcm:

Gegrad
03-28-2020, 04:11 PM
congrats and welcome from Pennsylvania!

GrandmaJ
04-01-2020, 04:25 PM
We just picked up our Cougar TR. we parked in a nice, local RV park to test everything out. So far, so good. One small problem, none of the USB ports work. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? We researched the Owners manual and can’t find an answer.

Logan X
04-01-2020, 04:39 PM
We just picked up our Cougar TR. we parked in a nice, local RV park to test everything out. So far, so good. One small problem, none of the USB ports work. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? We researched the Owners manual and can’t find an answer.

I would check the fuse panel. The USB ports are on the 12v system so they are protected by a fuse not a circuit breaker.

The USB ports on my trailer were cheap and failed within the first year. It was on of my first upgrades to replace them.

GrandmaJ
04-01-2020, 08:37 PM
Thank you!

JGEORGE
04-02-2020, 07:47 AM
:wlcm: from central CA. Great forum lots of good info.