PDA

View Full Version : Strong Winds

spade117
03-25-2020, 05:57 AM
We had some really strong winds last week. They have been as strong or stronger over the years, but this is the first time this has happened. Came home from work to this, but luckily I was able to hook everything up fairly quickly and get it back to normal. Since I had to put the battery back in to remedy the situation, it did make me want to start on the de-winterization sooner than I anticipated.

Mastrblastr
03-25-2020, 06:07 AM
Holy!! That's some wicked wind!!

JRTJH
03-25-2020, 07:07 AM
Last summer, in Las Vegas, we watched a small "Burrito" (fiberglass bubble) travel trailer roll down the road in front of our fifth wheel. There was no car attached to the front of that "Burrito".... I had just commented to DW that we might want to consider pulling in the slides to protect the slide covers and that "cinched the deal" for us.

travelin texans
03-25-2020, 08:47 AM
This is the second post on high winds, stationary or towing.
We're originally from the Texas panhandle & other members on here in West Texas where a 25-30 mph wind is a light breeze. If you're concerned with towing in 30 mph winds don't live in these parts or you'll be staying put most of the time.
We were at our sons a few years ago just west of Amarillo hooked up next to his house when they had 90+mph wind gust fortunately hitting straight from the rear, we put slides in & sat in his house hoping we didn't see our 40' 5th wheel blowing out into the road.
Now in Arizona with the weather people warning of high winds with gust up to 25 mph while we just chuckle.