PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Texas

Redflash1969
03-20-2020, 08:41 PM
Hello from Central Texas Hill Country. I am not new to the RV family, having owned three prior motor coaches; 1st) Fleetwood Discovery, 2) Bluebird Wonderlodge, 3) Prevost H3-45 Vantare.

I have done all the maintenance and repairs on all my prior coaches. My first job in life was an auto mechanic for a Dodge dealer. I did that for many years before diving into computer and software industry, so have lots of general automotive experience.

I have just purchased a Salvaged 2009 Keystone Raptor with its share of issues: 1) broken rear ramp door, 2) water tank mounts sheared, 3) leaking slides, 4) stickers pealing everywhere, etc. This was to be a 5th wheel used for hunting, to haul the ATV, Corn, Feeders, etc. as well as sleeping, etc. Of course once I bought it, the wife asked, can't we just fix it up and use it for RV'ing. Well that changed the whole calculus, a hunting trailer is one thing, but an RV the wife sleeps in is something totally different.:eek::eek::eek:

Chris P
03-21-2020, 05:38 AM
Welcome from New Jersey, Sounds like you have a good project ahead of you. There is a lot of knowledgeable people here to help.

travelin texans
03-21-2020, 07:33 AM
Hello from Central Texas Hill Country. I am not new to the RV family, having owned three prior motor coaches; 1st) Fleetwood Discovery, 2) Bluebird Wonderlodge, 3) Prevost H3-45 Vantare.

I have done all the maintenance and repairs on all my prior coaches. My first job in life was an auto mechanic for a Dodge dealer. I did that for many years before diving into computer and software industry, so have lots of general automotive experience.

I have just purchased a Salvaged 2009 Keystone Raptor with its share of issues: 1) broken rear ramp door, 2) water tank mounts sheared, 3) leaking slides, 4) stickers pealing everywhere, etc. This was to be a 5th wheel used for hunting, to haul the ATV, Corn, Feeders, etc. as well as sleeping, etc. Of course once I bought it, the wife asked, can't we just fix it up and use it for RV'ing. Well that changed the whole calculus, a hunting trailer is one thing, but an RV the wife sleeps in is something totally different.:eek::eek::eek:

Sounds like a TON of work & $$$$$!
Rebuilt the interior of our 1st 5th wheel, but it had no slides & was only about 20' long, would never want to do it again even if the DW would allow it again.
Good luck & have fun!

Logan X
03-21-2020, 07:48 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Gary R.
03-21-2020, 06:01 PM
Greetings and welcome Redflash! Sounds like you have some fun RV work planned, and don't be shy about asking questions here. There are many smart folks here that are glad to help!

Gegrad
03-21-2020, 06:07 PM
welcome to the forum. Good luck with the challenge ahead of you!

Mikendebbie
03-22-2020, 03:11 AM
Welcome to the forum from Williamson County!

WNY Bullet
03-22-2020, 03:47 AM
Welcome from Western New York! :wlcm:

Let the work begin...

Northofu1
03-22-2020, 04:05 AM
:wlcm: from Toronto