PDA

View Full Version : Oven won't stay lit

lindy46
03-19-2020, 02:07 PM
Brand new Suburban 3 burner stove, the oven pilot lights, the burner comes on and stays on until bake temp is reached, and then completely shuts down (pilot included). Impossible to bake anything.

flybouy
03-19-2020, 02:12 PM
After lighting the pilot did you turn the knob to the "run" position or did you release the pi;lot button and set the temp?

JRTJH
03-19-2020, 02:12 PM
The oven pilot thermocouple may be bent out of the oven pilot flame. The thermocouple needs to be in the hottest part of the flame to "lock the pilot valve open". Use a flash light, shine it on the oven pilot and see if the thermocouple is in the flame. If it is, then you'll need to take the trailer to the dealership to have the oven serviced. My guess is they'll probably replace the entire stove assembly.

lindy46
03-19-2020, 02:30 PM
After lighting the pilot did you turn the knob to the "run" position or did you release the pi;lot button and set the temp?

There is no "run" position - you release the knob and turn to desired temp.

lindy46
03-19-2020, 04:27 PM
Well you were rightJRTJH! I bent the thermocouple down more into the flame and she works fine now. A bear to bend that bracket and I could see no adjustment for it. Strange that it would be designed that way. I did notice the pilot flame isn't very big, but I saw no way to adjust that either. Oh well, it's working. Thanks so much!

JRTJH
03-19-2020, 05:01 PM
Chances are during shipment or handling, someone "crammed" the broiler pan or the oven rack under the burner and when they closed the door to the oven, it bent the thermocouple out of position. At least you got it working, so it's a "win/win".... Enjoy your "fine baked delicacies" LOL