PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor shower to garden hose adapter

KSH
03-14-2020, 03:35 PM
Just like the title says. Outdoor shower is on the back of the trailer. Want to connect it to a garden hose so we can have a hot shower outside. Couldn't find what I was looking for.

chuckster57
03-14-2020, 03:51 PM
This is a case where a picture would help.

flybouy
03-14-2020, 04:07 PM
As Chuck stated a picture and some more info might add clarity. Do you have a quick disconnect or threaded hose on the outside fixture?

bearcat77
03-14-2020, 04:19 PM
Made my own out of different fittings I found at Home Depot so I could run a hose from the outside shower to a sink/table. I’ll try to get you some pics tomorrow.

bobbecky
03-14-2020, 05:13 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-PF247007-Quick-Connect-Adapt/dp/B019QGRKQK/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?keywords=RV+outdoor+shower+hose+ada pter&qid=1584234204&sr=8-6

mtofell
03-14-2020, 06:03 PM
A picture? I'm not trying to be dismissive but what is that going to do? If you can't remember, go look at your outdoor shower and the hose hanging on the side of your garage. Every outdoor shower I've had on RVs spanning the last 30 years is the same thread pitch and fitting. A garden hose? Well, you can see where I'm going here. Even with a picture, you can't determine thread pitch and diameter.

The fitting BobBecky posted looks like it could be it but I know some outdoor shower hose connection points have limited clearance and that rigid fitting might not fit.

I replaced the short hose on the shower inside my unit and was able to find one at Home Depot that was a direct swap. How much length do you need? One of those might work.

chuckster57
03-14-2020, 06:10 PM
Some outside showers have a faucet with a threaded hose like the inside shower. Some outside showers have a faucet with a quick connect in the center. Some outside showers only have a single quick connect fitting and no faucet knobs.

Not to be argumentative but a picture would help narrow the choices down.

travelin texans
03-14-2020, 06:41 PM
Just like the title says. Outdoor shower is on the back of the trailer. Want to connect it to a garden hose so we can have a hot shower outside. Couldn't find what I was looking for.

Sorry for the confused answers! Personally the title made sense, but the posted question made it sound like you needed a water hose to have a hot outside shower not to extend the shower with a longer hose.

KSH
03-14-2020, 10:17 PM
Shower head is threaded on. Was looking for an adapter I can use, on unthread showerhead thread on the adapter, connect the garden hose.
I'll post a picture tomorrow.

JRTJH
03-15-2020, 01:26 PM
I think this is what you're looking for. Remove the shower head, screw on the adapter and then connect your garden hose. A word of caution: BE CAREFUL NOT TO PULL ON THE GARDEN HOSE or you'll snap off the connector at the top of the faucet !!!!!!

https://www.supply.com/browse?refinements=visualVariant.nonvisualVariant. SubCategory%3DMale%20Hose%20x%20MIP%20Garden%20Hos e%20Adapters&nid=1888422&wmh_cid=6489583889&wmh_aid=74701643741&wmh_kid=870487729136&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpdif7LSd6AIVyMDACh1hjwqWEAQYAiAB EgLYkfD_BwE

KSH
03-15-2020, 08:47 PM
Thanks! That does look like the right thing! I appreciate it.

WNY Bullet
03-16-2020, 12:32 AM
I think this is what you're looking for. Remove the shower head, screw on the adapter and then connect your garden hose. A word of caution: BE CAREFUL NOT TO PULL ON THE GARDEN HOSE or you'll snap off the connector at the top of the faucet !!!!!!

https://www.supply.com/browse?refinements=visualVariant.nonvisualVariant. SubCategory%3DMale%20Hose%20x%20MIP%20Garden%20Hos e%20Adapters&nid=1888422&wmh_cid=6489583889&wmh_aid=74701643741&wmh_kid=870487729136&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpdif7LSd6AIVyMDACh1hjwqWEAQYAiAB EgLYkfD_BwE

X2
I use this adapter to attach a garden hose spray head on my outdoor shower hose.

dutchmensport
03-16-2020, 09:22 AM
On a previous travel trailer I owned, it had an outside shower-hose. I wanted it longer. I went to Lowe's and purchased an extension that just screwed on to the end of the existing hose and the shower head attached the other end. It was one of those silver colored hoses used to attach the water source (hot and cold) to the faucet in your house kitchen. They also make them to connect from the water source to the house toilet. When I did this, it added another 6 feet of hose, as I used 2 of them hooked together.

In my current 5er, it has a blue coiled hose with the bayonet attachment to the water source in my wet-bay. The other end of that blue hose is a standard garden hose threaded end. I keep a lawn hand sprayer attached it it. I can add garden hose to it any time and stretch that anywhere the length will allow.

gearhead
03-16-2020, 03:00 PM
Or…..if it is a quick disconnect take the shower head, hose, quick connect assembly somewhere like Harbor Freight and get the disconnect that matches with whatever size threads on it, (1/2"?). Then get a garden hose to pipe thread and buy whatever length garden hose you want. That way you'll have the OEM shower and hose and your longer one.
Sounds like something I need too.

Alermon32
02-19-2021, 11:37 AM
'Shower head is threaded on. Was looking for an adapter I can use, on unthread showerhead thread on the adapter, connect the garden hose.
I'll post a picture tomorrow.'
lol I imagine something like this (https://bathroomer.org/best-massage-shower-head/) as an adapter.

travelin texans
02-19-2021, 02:03 PM
The shower head is usually 1/2" NPT. Head to HD or Lowes to their brass fitting section & find a 1/2" male NPT x male garden hose, probably cost $4-5.

GaryUT
02-20-2021, 03:34 PM
A picture? I'm not trying to be dismissive but what is that going to do? If you can't remember, go look at your outdoor shower and the hose hanging on the side of your garage. Every outdoor shower I've had on RVs spanning the last 30 years is the same thread pitch and fitting. A garden hose? Well, you can see where I'm going here. Even with a picture, you can't determine thread pitch and diameter.

A picture helps identify what brand of outside shower you have. For example if you have a dura faucet quick connect hose like the one pictured below, it already has a standard hose connector on one end.

Gary