PDA

View Full Version : Turning on my heater to avoid freezing temps

Dfaz
03-11-2020, 07:58 AM
I am a new owner of a camper. My camper has been de-winterized. We are expecting the temp to drop to 19 degrees this weekend. Can I just plug my camper into my house, turn on the gas tanks and run my furnace overnight? Can I keep the slide in while doing this? Thanks for any help.

flybouy
03-11-2020, 08:35 AM
Welcome to the forum. Running the furnace with the slide retracted will depend on the layout of the floor registers. If the slide covers the floor registers while retracted then you should not run the furnace. Doing so could reduce the flow enough to cause the furnace to overheat and shut down.

socoinc1984
03-11-2020, 11:48 AM
Get yourself a couple oil heaters. Put one in the basement & one in the living room. We do that during the winter & it works here in Idaho. We have never had to winterize

chuckster57
03-11-2020, 01:47 PM
Get yourself a couple oil heaters. Put one in the basement & one in the living room. We do that during the winter & it works here in Idaho. We have never had to winterize

I’m sure you mean oil filled radiators.

Roscommon48
03-11-2020, 03:04 PM
sure, keep the slides in and fire up the furnace. turn the fireplace on too.

Gary R.
03-16-2020, 04:41 PM
We use a vertical ceramic electric heater that rotates, and the propane furnace too, when the weather is really cold. No issues.