PDA

View Full Version : Question about air suspension

rabbit59
03-09-2020, 03:04 AM
I own a 2016 Toyota Sequoia with air suspension and my TT is a Cougar 22rbs. My hitch is an E2 weight distribution hitch. My question....I've been told 2 different ways to hook up. Turn air suspension to manual, hook up to trailer, then activate air as it self levels. Or, hook up with air activated and level by adjusting hitch torsion arms first time, then using arm setting everytime. What say all of you? Thanks for the help....

Fishsizzle
03-14-2020, 09:57 AM
I would set up hitch with it on.

If you inflated the bags after you have the hitch set up, for me it defeated the purpose of the hitch, which is distribute weight and prevent sway as it takes weight off the bars.

I also used this method on my 05 Navigator that had air suspension and worked fine towing 26’ trailer

flybouy
03-14-2020, 10:15 AM
I would set up hitch with it on.

If you inflated the bags after you have the hitch set up, for me it defeated the purpose of the hitch, which is distribute weight and prevent sway as it takes weight off the bars.

I also used this method on my 05 Navigator that had air suspension and worked fine towing 26’ trailer

Just to clarify, WDH (weight distributing hitch) and sway control are 2 separate entities. Some WDH have sway control as an added feature, but not all.

Fishsizzle
03-16-2020, 04:12 PM
Just to clarify, WDH (weight distributing hitch) and sway control are 2 separate entities. Some WDH have sway control as an added feature, but not all.

He stated he has an E2, which does both

rabbit59
03-17-2020, 02:23 AM
Yes...thanks fishsizzle. They do both is why I included model of sway bar. I like activating after hooking up as it seems to level everything. I've driven it twice this way and seems to ride good. Dont really know which is best. I know one thing, you can not lift sway arms off if you tried. So I believe the weight distribution is there.

flybouy
03-17-2020, 05:25 AM
The purpose I was going for was to inform anyone NOT knowing and thinking "gee I can buy this WDH at HF or TS for much less $ thinking it has sway control when it doesn't." I didn't state the OP's didn't but rather not all WDH do.