PDA

View Full Version : Dometic fridge doors sealing

Spletbr
03-08-2020, 04:52 PM
In our new High Country we have the RV fridge (elec and propane) with the dual doors (left and right for both fridge and freezer). Plugged in and set to auto select (plenty of power and propane). A couple of times this past week we came home and the fridge temp was in the 40s or 50s and it’s not that hot yet here in FL. Fridge temp is on , coldest. I suspect we’re not closing the doors all the way or correctly? They seem closed but the temp rise is scary. And thoughts and/or experiences? It’s the first time we’ve had the two door style.

chuckster57
03-08-2020, 05:00 PM
Look at the flap on the refer left door. Common issue for the flap to not “make the turn” and seal the center. Simple adjustment of door usually fixes it. Most often the left door needs a shim at the bottom hinge pin.

gearhead
03-08-2020, 07:55 PM
^^^this. Be sure the the door is following the "track" at the bottom. I had to raise the left door a bit. I used external snap rings that slipped over the door pin.

Spletbr
03-09-2020, 03:21 AM
In our new High Country we have the RV fridge (elec and propane) with the dual doors (left and right for both fridge and freezer). Plugged in and set to auto select (plenty of power and propane). A couple of times this past week we came home and the fridge temp was in the 40s or 50s and it’s not that hot yet here in FL. Fridge temp is on , coldest. I suspect we’re not closing the doors all the way or correctly? They seem closed but the temp rise is scary. And thoughts and/or experiences? It’s the first time we’ve had the two door style.
Many thanks, as always