PDA

View Full Version : changing light bulbs in ceiling fan

SOD
03-06-2020, 12:02 PM
I have a 2016 Alpine 3536RE can't figure out how to get to the bulbs to replace them in the ceiling fan. If any of you has done clue me in to the trick. It's probably very simple but I don't want to force something break it.

ctbruce
03-06-2020, 12:55 PM
Posting a picture of your light fixture will help. When manufactured Keystone can put in whatever they have on hand.

In general, it could take a twist, push in tabs on the side, place a knife blade between cover and fixture, push up and twist, or something else.

SOD
03-07-2020, 12:32 PM
Sorry takes me a while to figure out how to add a picture

LHaven
03-07-2020, 04:08 PM
If the white part is ceramic, my first guess is that it unscrews from the brass part.

If it is polymer, then it either unscrews or you need to pop it off by gently prying with a thin tool.

If there is a manufacturer and model label anywhere on the fixture, that might give you another avenue to pursue.

SOD
03-08-2020, 06:45 AM
The globe unscrews I found this out after I broke it. It was. Stuck and I don't think it would have ever come apart like it should have. Yes, the bulbs were bad. Oh will another trip to the keystone dealer. At least if anyone on this forum has a fan like this you'll know how it's suppose to come apart.