PDA

View Full Version : Accu Slide cable guards

KRumm
03-03-2020, 05:08 AM
I was watching a video on replacing a Accu slide motor and noticed that he had a guard that prevented the chain to cable connectors from catching on one another as they pass by each other.... I have never seen this but thought it an excellent thing to have...

Where can one buy these?...

JRTJH
03-03-2020, 06:13 AM
There are several different types available. NORCO, the Accu-slide manufacturer, markets two lengths called “Z” Cable Separator, R854057 - 32” and R854071 – 42”. If your dealer's parts department doesn't have it, they can order it for you.

Also, several "after market" versions are available, all claiming to offer "something better than the OEM"... Whether you want to "improve and spend lots more money" or just install the OEM style ??

I've seen many slides without the separator, probably more than with it. Typically, they're on larger slides (longer slides) since the cable/chain system is longer and has the potential to "droop" more, possibly catching as they slide past each other. Cables on shorter slides don't tend to droop as much, so they don't ride as close together.

KRumm
03-03-2020, 07:10 PM
Trekwood sells them but not cheap (for a piece of plastic)... Wouldn’t be too hard to make ones own - Out of plexiglass and a wood spacer so you can see the cable/chain in back...

flybouy
03-03-2020, 07:18 PM
Or maybe a piece of 1/2" x 4" in wood covered with vinyl cove base would work.