PDA

View Full Version : Happyjac weight

chunker
02-21-2020, 06:29 PM
How much does the Happijac system weight? I'm going to use the garage as just that, garage, and don't need or particularly want it. I'll admit I did order it on the new one coming mainly as a "just in case" and someday I'll sell and I figure that not having it would hurt sales. I have plenty of room at my house and garage to store excess stuff so I'm wondering how much does it weigh and how much CC could I gain? I would leave the upper bed platform since it's a great place to store riding gear. I think I read someplace 700# and if so that's huge and weight better used in other places.

chuckster57
02-21-2020, 06:41 PM
Lower benches 700 pounds? Only if the frames are solid lead LOL. Having removed many lower benches to work on the happiJac system, I’m going to say you’ll be lucky to gain 100 pounds.

chunker
02-21-2020, 07:59 PM
Lower benches 700 pounds? Only if the frames are solid lead LOL. Having removed many lower benches to work on the happiJac system, I’m going to say you’ll be lucky to gain 100 pounds.

Dang sounds like a lot of effort with little reward. Reckon it'll stay put and I'll make an effort to use it occasionally. Thanks.

David

chuckster57
02-21-2020, 08:15 PM
Sorry to disappoint. The bottom benches should fold up giving you some usable space, or just leave them flat and store your riding leathers between the bunks.

chunker
02-21-2020, 08:20 PM
Sorry to disappoint. The bottom benches should fold up giving you some usable space, or just leave them flat and store your riding leathers between the bunks.

When I had the Raptor 300MP, the garage ceiling height was lower and I couldn't safely ride the motorcycle in without hunching over. Not safe coming up a ramp and into a chock. I removed the upper bed assembly and left the sofa thing. That was the gear platform for us. When I previewed a 356 we ran both parts up and plenty of room to ride upright in. I'll see how I install my chock system and decide about the couches position at that time.

AbHDToyHauler
02-28-2020, 09:48 AM
Dang sounds like a lot of effort with little reward. Reckon it'll stay put and I'll make an effort to use it occasionally. Thanks.

David

I thought same as you but when bikes are outside my wife and i use it as the dining room , game area and love it . You may find the same unless you will be moving bike/bikes back in each time. we did remove the upper bed and frame which probably weighs at least a 100 lbs