PDA

View Full Version : Fairview gas regulator showin* green and red

Spletbr
02-21-2020, 02:21 PM
New trailer and hence new regulator. In the driveway was working fine but know the regulator shows red and green. I thought it should be either green (when the tank the switch is pointing to has gas or red (when it’s flipped to the other tank). Any ideas why both green and red show?

bobbecky
02-21-2020, 02:53 PM
I replaced our original regulator several years ago, and used a Marshall Excelsior, and when it's in the green position, I can still see some red, but when it goes red, no green is visible, and it works just fine. Just to test it, with both tank valves open, turn off the tank valve that is currently feeding the regulator, and it should automatically switch internally to the other tank and at the same time the indicator should turn full red. If it does this, don't worry about it, it's working just fine. If it doesn't work this way and your trailer is still under warranty, get it replaced. This is what our indicator looks like when in the green position. It goes full red with no green showing when the tank goes empty.

sourdough
02-21-2020, 03:49 PM
When mine is almost empty the regulator will have red creep into the green. When completely empty and switched it turns to full red. Bobbecky gave a good suggestion on how to make sure it is working properly.

rhagfo
02-21-2020, 05:40 PM
I replaced our original regulator several years ago, and used a Marshall Excelsior, and when it's in the green position, I can still see some red, but when it goes red, no green is visible, and it works just fine. Just to test it, with both tank valves open, turn off the tank valve that is currently feeding the regulator, and it should automatically switch internally to the other tank and at the same time the indicator should turn full red. If it does this, don't worry about it, it's working just fine. If it doesn't work this way and your trailer is still under warranty, get it replaced. This is what our indicator looks like when in the green position. It goes full red with no green showing when the tank goes empty.

Interesting responses here, mine is like yours, with both tanks correctly turned on when the tank the handle is pointing at is drained, the indicator goes half red half green. This tells me the tank that the handle is pointing at is empty, the other tank is in use and has gas. When I swing the handle to the now in use tank the indicator goes back to all green. I replace the empty tank and it remains green.
This is my second regulator of the same design and indication.