PDA

View Full Version : Question about antenna and connections

game warden
10-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I have a 2012 303tg and the tv in the kitchen area works off antenna reception.What is puzzling is it seem that is the only connection that works.I took another tv and tried it on the side of the camper on the outside connection under the kitchen window and that was dead.then tried the connector in the rear bunk house where the amp is located and no tv reception .......any i deas for me to make them all work weather it is on antenna or cable or sat ????

hankpage
10-09-2011, 05:51 PM
I have a 2012 303tg and the tv in the kitchen area works off antenna reception.What is puzzling is it seem that is the only connection that works.I took another tv and tried it on the side of the camper on the outside connection under the kitchen window and that was dead.then tried the connector in the rear bunk house where the amp is located and no tv reception .......any i deas for me to make them all work weather it is on antenna or cable or sat ????

The connection where the amp is should work with cable or antenna. Here is a silly question .... You are using a digital tuner set to antenna???

hankaye
10-09-2011, 06:08 PM
game warden, Howdy;

I'll dig out my licenses shortly...

You might have to do as I did with mine. The wall plate with the amp connection, take it loose from the wall, and check to see if ALL the connections are good and snud (7/16ths. wrench works well). Then go to each seperate wall connection and repete. Check the connections on the antenna as well. I scraped off the sealent and found the connection that lives inside the roof was loose too. Reckon the "worker" that hooked it up gave each connection a few quick twists and then buttoned it up...

Also be sure that the green light (amp. ON), is lit.

hankaye

PS. http://www.winegard.com/kbase/kb_search2.php

Here's a page to help some more ie. which cable goes where in case it's wired wrong...

Seagull
10-30-2011, 12:09 PM
After purchasing my Avalanche new in Nov 2010 I fornd that almost every RG connector was either loose or the wire was too short or bent. QC was not very good on my unit!!

DTJ9610
10-31-2011, 07:40 AM
I have a 2011 303TG and have used the bunk house connection just fine. I'll have to check out the others next season as I never used the TV outside. Good luck.