PDA

View Full Version : Ram, Fifth wheel puck system, without slider on Short bed

dwayne564
02-20-2020, 08:11 PM
Hello,

On my last 2500, I didn't have a slider hitch, installed my puck system this week, and looking at CURT fifth wheel hitches, does anyone pull a short bed without the slider hitch, and any problems.

Thanks

rhagfo
02-20-2020, 09:49 PM
Was your last TV a short bed?

Big1
02-20-2020, 11:59 PM
I have a SB without a slider, when I did had one I never use it so I didn't get one this time, now I haven't gotten myself into the situation where I had to turn or back up sharp, I figure that if I had to I will go farther and try backing up again. Now their might be a time on where I might need a slider but for now I don't, my 5th wheel have a curve so it will give me a little play.

dwayne564
02-21-2020, 05:25 AM
I didn't have a slider, but it was a old hitch, but I had a different truck, so new truck , new hitch, just getting some input, didn't want to do the rails in the bed this time, thats why I had to get a new truck, fifth wheel rails caused the bed to seize to the frame,

Laredo Tugger
02-21-2020, 06:09 AM
I have the Curt E16 Slider in my RAM CC SB and love it. I also have the puck system which requires an adapter for the Curt hitch. The slider keeps the truck cab further away for tight turns and also affords more room between the truck tailgate and trailer when hooking up. Since I have a roll up tonneau cover I need the tailgate. Curt has several different towing weight slider models.
If your camper hit the rails of your truck sounds like an hitch height adjustment will need to be done on your new set up. The puck system adapter will raise the hitch about 2 inches and the Curt (I have) has adjustable height bolt plates. Just don't want to get to high in the front and increase wear on the trailers rear axle tires.
Good luck
RMc

tech740
02-21-2020, 11:34 AM
I have a Ram short bed with the puck system. I use and Andersen on the goose ball and have no issues at all.

Beachside
02-21-2020, 04:01 PM
I have a short bed. Also use a Anderson Ultimate with no problems. Have not tried turning a full 90 degrees to the trailer, but have never had to.

Brentw
02-21-2020, 06:25 PM
Had a Ram sb with a curt slider. Could manage 80% of the time with out moving the slide. Could manage 100% if you paid attention. Run the trailer wheels thru a dip while turning around, cost me $400 for a cab repair.

KSH
02-22-2020, 08:47 AM
No issues. Ram 2500 short bed. Andersen ultimate and pull rite super lite. No issues with either. I had the puck system and the goose ball installed just in case the Andersen didn't work. Worked great though.
I have the rambox which was an additional concern.2527225273
I did switch out the Andersen because it was big, worked great though.