PDA

View Full Version : 364BHL Owners

GASMAN6674
02-14-2020, 07:58 AM
364BHL Any owners out there? Got one on order and I am curious to get others impressions.

Thanks

Silver_
02-22-2020, 09:14 AM
I have one on order as well. It's a great floorplan for what we need taking the family camping. I'm curious about trailer height and rail clearances on my truck. I just traded in for a 2020 F350 DRW, so capacity isn't an issue, and it looks like they lowered the height on the 2020 trucks an inch or so. I want to run a goosebox and am curious how it will all sit.

GASMAN6674
02-24-2020, 07:36 AM
Dealer told me 6-8 weeks, its been 8 plus and according to them its scheduled 3/10.
Cant wait already have a trip planned for April.

GASMAN6674
03-10-2020, 12:25 PM
Well its finally here. Went and signed the papers Friday but didn't bring it home though. There where a few things DW didn't care for on the PDI and they are taking care of them.

Silver_
03-10-2020, 12:39 PM
The one they ordered for us rolled off the assembly line yesterday, so it's just a matter of getting it to Texas and finalizing the numbers.

GASMAN6674
03-10-2020, 12:44 PM
Yours coming from Indiana or out west?

Silver_
03-10-2020, 12:53 PM
Indiana. Anything I should watch for based on your PDI? We ordered with couch instead of theater seats (need the extra bed), free standing dinette, and master bedroom AC.

GASMAN6674
03-10-2020, 01:05 PM
We ordered ours free standing dinette also, It came with couch as standard and two ac's
Biggest issue was dings in the wood work and a scratch on the table.
If the person doing the prep would have taken there time and touched up the dings we would have never seen them. As it was they stood out like neon.

GASMAN6674
03-16-2020, 11:08 AM
Well we picked it up Saturday during a snow storm (That was fun)
the fixed about half of the dings we marked, didn't even remove the tape on the other spots they didn't touch oh well. I will say it tows like a dream. A lot different than my previous unit, less chucking. I think the new pin box is a big improvement. Now just trying to figure out where to put my junk. :lol:

Silver_
03-16-2020, 06:03 PM
Ours is here at the lot. Bad timing as myself and my oldest son are running low fever and he has a cough. Probably won't be getting out to get it for a bit, plus I have to pick up the old trailer from my folks house and bring it to town for a trade in.

GASMAN6674
03-17-2020, 03:58 AM
Well I hope it blows over without any issues. Be well

Silver_
03-20-2020, 05:24 PM
Signed the paperwork today on the trailer. Because of the craziness, going to have to wait a few days before getting the trade in TT dropped off and eventually taking formal delivery.

GASMAN6674
03-20-2020, 05:36 PM
Think you will like it.
We loaded ours last weekend and we are doing the maiden voyage at a state park about an hour from the house. I really like the way it pulls, alot smother than our old rig. Now we are finding all the stuff that we forgot. Hope your feeling better.

GASMAN6674
03-23-2020, 07:20 AM
Sliver
When you do you PDI check you valve operators in the wet bay. I found that the gray water was not hooked up and the valve is open. Good thing son in law is quick on his feet.

Silver_
03-23-2020, 08:25 AM
Ha! Hopefully he didn't catch too much of that gray water himself. I'm dropping the trade off on Wednesday, hopefully. We'll schedule the retail walkthrough/deliver after that.

tschott
04-02-2020, 08:17 AM
The wife and are pining over this trailer but, we just purchased a Cougar 29BHL 2019 last year,,, the numbers just don't work!! We are hoping that we can find one of these this fall or next spring (a hold over or a trade in). Hint Hint Hint!!!

Question: We have a 2018 F350 6.2 Gas, I have done the numbers and it looks like we should be fine but. Does anybody run this configuration, how does it tow?

GASMAN6674
04-02-2020, 08:33 AM
Look at my signature. I run a 15 F350 6.2 and it pulls it fine. This unit is a couple 1000# lighter than my old one.

tschott
04-02-2020, 08:43 AM
you got a Duly though.... I have singles. :facepalm: I know it does make a difference, just seeing if anyone runs this truck with singles and how it does.

GASMAN6674
04-02-2020, 09:16 AM
I did a quick peek at your tow spec's and I think you would be fine. If you have the 4:30 rear end no worries at all
https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/dam/brand_ford/en_us/brand/resources/general/pdf/guides/18RV&TT_Ford_SuperDtyPU_Nov27.pdf
But Its what you feel comfortable with. My old rig was a 2012 Gulf Stream Ridgeline It weighed in at approx 13,000 dry and when I got it Pulled it with a 96 F350 CC dually that had a tow capacity of 12,000# No issues at all other than "china bombs"

tschott
04-02-2020, 01:05 PM
That's kind of what I have found,,, I haven't pulled a 5th wheel before but I have heard when I do I will never want to pull a TT again.
On another note, I don't know why other companies haven't made a similar layout to the 364BHL. ??? We have just fell in love with the option of our teenage daughters having their own "room/apartment". We have even though about the possibilities of other adult couples able to come with us and have their own space!

GASMAN6674
04-02-2020, 03:11 PM
That's what we love also.
My oldest daughter and son in law use the lower and their 3 yrs old foster twins sleep up top.
We made a barrier to go over the rail and put a child gate at the ladder opening. Worked well on our first trip. I believe that there is a similar floorplan in the Montana line.
Give Thor time it will spread

Mapdap
06-05-2020, 12:30 PM
Would somebody mind posting the height clearance on truck and off truck? Would greatly appreciate any help with this. Looking to trade up.

GASMAN6674
06-08-2020, 07:41 AM
Not clear what you want. Unit is 13' 4" to front ac. Do you want from the truck rails to the bottom of the overhang? That's gonna depend on you hitch.
I will say that when i am hitch I only have an inch or two between the front of the unit and the top of the gate when the tailgate is down.

tschott
06-11-2020, 08:32 AM
Well We did Something...

Sold the 29BHS and yup,,, We got the 364BHL.. It is bigger but pulls pretty nice. The room inside is AWESOME!!!!

GASMAN6674
06-11-2020, 08:34 AM
Congrats
I think you'll really like it.

tschott
06-11-2020, 08:45 AM
GASMAN6674, You were right. My F350 with singles pulls the trailer just fine. I pulled it 20 miles this past weekend in 30+mph side winds and it did good. The trailer "dogtrotted" a little but the truck held it tight to the ground.
If you look at my picture, this is with the stock suspension. I'm using a 18K B and W Patriot 5th wheel and it seems to handle the trailer just fine The ride height seems good also.

GASMAN6674
08-10-2020, 10:53 AM
Multi trip update: Just thought I would update my thoughts and any issues on our unit. Water pump noise is excessive I plan on adding some foam under it when I can. Wall bulge at seam behind toilet: I Noticed the seam was bulging a little so I have taken a flat piece of stock and pushed it and the staples back in, we will see.
Front awning tearing loose from trailer: Looks like the awning fabric is failing where it is inserted into the rail on the trailer. I am going to contact dealer about warranty. I will say I am still pleased with it but a little disappointed in these niggly issues.

F16Vip3r
05-10-2021, 04:35 AM
Got a few pre-pickup questions that I figured I’d trust to this group more than my dealer...

1) There are 2 black tank dumps, but only a single black tank flush that I’ve seen in the videos/pics. Is there a 2d flush for the rear black tank?

2) Does the rear sink dump into the black tank? Or does it have its own 38 gallon gray water tank? I’d prefer to have 76 gallons available for the master bath, shower, kitchen sink, etc...

3) Any “didn’t show up immediately” issues that I should be on the lookout for at pickup? I’m driving about 8 hours from home to take delivery, but should have several hours on the lot while the dealer installs my new FW hitch.

4) Where’s the fresh water tank located? Does it put most of the water weight on the truck or the trailer axles?

Thanks!

Matt

JRTJH
05-10-2021, 06:35 AM
Got a few pre-pickup questions that I figured I’d trust to this group more than my dealer...

1) There are 2 black tank dumps, but only a single black tank flush that I’ve seen in the videos/pics. Is there a 2d flush for the rear black tank?

2) Does the rear sink dump into the black tank? Or does it have its own 38 gallon gray water tank? I’d prefer to have 76 gallons available for the master bath, shower, kitchen sink, etc...

3) Any “didn’t show up immediately” issues that I should be on the lookout for at pickup? I’m driving about 8 hours from home to take delivery, but should have several hours on the lot while the dealer installs my new FW hitch.

4) Where’s the fresh water tank located? Does it put most of the water weight on the truck or the trailer axles?

Thanks!

Matt

You have posted an "open end question" to someone else's year old thread, asking about delivery of a trailer that you don't give a model or year for. Your profile indicates that you tow a 2013 Sprinter. Are you buying a new trailer? If so, what brand, what model, what year??

You'd likely get better responses if you start your own thread with the information about the trailer in question either in the body of your post, in the title of the tread or by changing your signature to reflect the trailer you're buying.

F16Vip3r
05-10-2021, 12:38 PM
You have posted an "open end question" to someone else's year old thread, asking about delivery of a trailer that you don't give a model or year for. Your profile indicates that you tow a 2013 Sprinter. Are you buying a new trailer? If so, what brand, what model, what year??

You'd likely get better responses if you start your own thread with the information about the trailer in question either in the body of your post, in the title of the tread or by changing your signature to reflect the trailer you're buying.
Actually, the thread started out as “Any 364BHL owners out there?” And the discussion revolved completely around that trailer.

I’ll repost for more visibility as its own thread.