PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong sir?

rhagfo
02-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Well Today saw an interesting situation, we were in the Park next to Hwy 101, heard siren, saw flashing red and blue lights, and some horn honking. Well seems an ODOT Incident Response Truck had pulled over a truck pulling a smaller 5er. When I first looked I thought maybe they had a flat drivers side rear tire on the 5er. Then I moved up closer and the 5er had no windows, no wheels or tires on the rear axle, and no license plate. It was being towed by a GM 3500 DRW. Not sure where the guy was headed, most likely the dump.

https://i.imgur.com/abyeizH.jpg

kfxgreenie
02-10-2020, 03:25 PM
Well Today saw an interesting situation, we were in the Park next to Hwy 101, heard siren, saw flashing red and blue lights, and some horn honking. Well seems an ODOT Incident Response Truck had pulled over a truck pulling a smaller 5er. When I first looked I thought maybe they had a flat drivers side rear tire on the 5er. Then I moved up closer and the 5er had no windows, no wheels or tires on the rear axle, and no license plate. It was being towed by a GM 3500 DRW. Not sure where the guy was headed, most likely the dump.

https://i.imgur.com/abyeizH.jpg

He was on this forum and told he needed to loose some weight or buy a Peterbilt, so he did what he could afford. :D:D:D:D

Northofu1
02-10-2020, 04:07 PM
I'm pretty sure he didn't even know it was back there.
Some folks will do anything to get out of using trailer kings. :lol:

ctbruce
02-10-2020, 04:25 PM
He replaced the two TK China Bombs with Goodyear Maradurances. Made in 'Merica, so only need 2! Yeehaaaa!

Gegrad
02-10-2020, 07:10 PM
holy moly, that is remarkable.... they had to be headed to the dump, as the wheels are not even on, so not like they just had a couple of blowouts and were limping along. I suppose it could be headed somewhere to be used as a movie prop or set piece...

jsb5717
02-10-2020, 11:04 PM
A little duct tape and zip ties and it should be good to go again.

rhagfo
02-11-2020, 05:12 AM
A little duct tape and zip ties and it should be good to go again.

Not sure if you noticed all the storage compartment doors are taped shut!

JRTJH
02-11-2020, 07:25 AM
Rear axle wheels/tires removed, all the windows removed, cargo doors taped shut (salvaged the 751 swing locks ??)…..

If it was "headed to the salvage yard" seems the air conditioner, ladder and roof rack would also have been removed (to salvage the aluminum and the appliances ???) The interior may have been "completely stripped" in which case the shell probably wouldn't overload a single axle.

Who knows, maybe it's a "reclaimed meth lab" or a recovered, stolen trailer ???

LewisB
02-11-2020, 08:07 AM
Maybe it's a new 2021 "Half-ton Towable" model.

hankpage
02-11-2020, 08:23 AM
"Honest officer, I went to sleep in that Wall-Mart parking lot and when I woke up this is what I found! Oh, by the way, my wife is missing too. :D " :nonono:

flybouy
02-11-2020, 08:24 AM
Maybe a trip to the body shop to have that "scratch" forward of the slide "buffed out".

Ken / Claudia
02-11-2020, 09:10 AM
Looks like TV taking a RV to a Salvage yard. Not sure if that was a ODOT incident truck. Those vehicles do not have blue lights and cannot legally pull over anyone. But, they do have red and yellow lights and sirens to clear traffic when responding to crash sites.
My guess is the RV did not have working taillights, brakes, license and more. Could be driver or passengers had warrants and went to jail. Maybe TV broke down. OSP stopped them as a moving hazard and asked ODOT to standby the scene. That's what ODOT does. Until a the vehicle can be legality moved.

BTY, It was some what common the see these moved at night, full of garage only to be left on a public street so the tax payer pays the bill.

Back story for you Oregonians ODOT got Federal money to start the incident response program. The working cops love them. OSP managament hated them and did under handed things to try to end the program. They wanted troopers to continue to handle what the ODOT incident unit was designed to do. 20 years later, ODOT incident command has a fleet of trucks about the same size of the OSP patrol PDX fleet. ODOT won the battle.

Pull Toy
02-11-2020, 10:41 AM
That's one way to save $$$$ on the Toll Road!

Gobirds38
02-11-2020, 01:45 PM
Maybe it Walter White???

rhagfo
02-11-2020, 02:49 PM
Looks like TV taking a RV to a Salvage yard. Not sure if that was a ODOT incident truck. Those vehicles do not have blue lights and cannot legally pull over anyone. But, they do have red and yellow lights and sirens to clear traffic when responding to crash sites.
My guess is the RV did not have working taillights, brakes, license and more. Could be driver or passengers had warrants and went to jail. Maybe TV broke down. OSP stopped them as a moving hazard and asked ODOT to standby the scene. That's what ODOT does. Until a the vehicle can be legality moved.

BTY, It was some what common the see these moved at night, full of garage only to be left on a public street so the tax payer pays the bill.

Back story for you Oregonians ODOT got Federal money to start the incident response program. The working cops love them. OSP managament hated them and did under handed things to try to end the program. They wanted troopers to continue to handle what the ODOT incident unit was designed to do. 20 years later, ODOT incident command has a fleet of trucks about the same size of the OSP patrol PDX fleet. ODOT won the battle.

It was only the ODOT vehicle doing the stop, we saw that part, in addition after about 10 minutes was gone. I went to town shortly after and didn’t see at the weigh station just down the road. I could be wrong, but pretty sure it also had blue lights, we have seen it going North on 101 before with lights and sirens.

flybouy
02-11-2020, 03:08 PM
Maybe it Walter White???

Heisenberg!

Ken / Claudia
02-11-2020, 07:02 PM
Oregon law Blue lights of any type or kind, if visible either on or off or only legal on 1 Police vehicles and as of several years ago 2 Firetrucks. ODOT incident response vehcles in Oregon have No lawful authority to stop or detain anyone or any vehicle. It is a violation of the civil rights of a person stopped and detained by them. Not saying it did not happen, but that would/should be investigated by OSP as a criminal act.
Sheriff's Dept.s have pickups with blue lights and they can be marked or unmarked just like OSP pickups. OSP unmarked trucks will be any color, marked only blue with badge on doors.
Did you really see that combo traveling on the highway and stopped by the ODOT vehicle. If so I need to make a call to the Newport OSP office.

rhagfo
02-12-2020, 04:42 AM
Oregon law Blue lights of any type or kind, if visible either on or off or only legal on 1 Police vehicles and as of several years ago 2 Firetrucks. ODOT incident response vehcles in Oregon have No lawful authority to stop or detain anyone or any vehicle. It is a violation of the civil rights of a person stopped and detained by them. Not saying it did not happen, but that would/should be investigated by OSP as a criminal act.
Sheriff's Dept.s have pickups with blue lights and they can be marked or unmarked just like OSP pickups. OSP unmarked trucks will be any color, marked only blue with badge on doors.
Did you really see that combo traveling on the highway and stopped by the ODOT vehicle. If so I need to make a call to the Newport OSP office.

Sorry now I didn't get the complete ODOT Incident truck in the picture now. I did see the driver of the ODOT vehicle on his radio a lot, so possibly in contact with OSP or Sheriff.

dmorgan64
02-13-2020, 10:35 AM
I hope the air conditioner works!

jimbob
02-18-2020, 06:43 AM
Does it look like the passenger side front jack is a little low...

Ken / Claudia
03-02-2020, 10:27 AM
I finally had a return call from the State Police Newport office. The vehicle was a ODOT truck that stopped the truck/trailer.
The vehicle had been phoned in to 911 as a reckless driver endangering the motoring public. No details on those facts. The ODOT truck was close by, police not so much. The female ODOT employee radioed State Police and volunteered to get the truck/trailer off the road until real cops could respond. That is outside of normal rules,but the danger to the public was weighted over just getting the vehicle off the road.
Yes, the trailer was going the dump. No details about cites issued or other outcome.