PDA

View Full Version : Furnace & water heater not firing....stove works fine..please help

Wolfwalker
10-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Greetings-

We are full timers and have a Keystone Montana 2000 3280rl. the other night as snow was starting our furnance quit working..fan runs but acts like it's out of propane. Water heater itself won't light either....they are in the same space water heater above the furnace. My propane tank has about 60 gallons in it and the stove works just fine...any ideas any one?

SteveC7010
10-08-2011, 07:01 AM
A couple of possibilities come to mind:

If you just refilled the propane, the line feeding the WH and furnace might still have air in them. A few more attempts to fire up one or the other or both should purge the air and clear that. problem

Since the two are located together, it sounds like neither is getting fuel. If there is any hose feeding them (as opposed to pipe), there might be a kink in the line.

Can you eyeball all or most of the gas piping to see if there is a damaged section?

hankaye
10-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Wolfwalker, Howdy;

Have you checked the venturi tubes for obstructions ? You know wasp nests, dog fur, things like that. You might also see if any kind of critter has chewed thru the insulation on the wireing. Look for blown fuses?

Things you may have already done. Since you didn't mention what troubleshooting you have done yet I thought I'd throw those out there.

Be going thru there next week. What's the forcast???

hankaye

hankpage
10-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Greetings-

We are full timers and have a Keystone Montana 2000 3280rl. the other night as snow was starting our furnance quit working..fan runs but acts like it's out of propane. Water heater itself won't light either....they are in the same space water heater above the furnace. My propane tank has about 60 gallons in it and the stove works just fine...any ideas any one?

If you had run out of gas in the past, or if you got moisture in the lines, you may have to manually reset the water heater. After so many tries to light it will shut down. Somewhere on one of the rubber seals you will see the imprint "RESET" . Press that and try again. The manual that came with it should give a better description of the location. I think the furnace has an automatic timed reset but I'm not sure ... again your manual should tell you. Hope this helps, Hank

Wolfwalker
10-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Wolfwalker, Howdy;

Have you checked the venturi tubes for obstructions ? You know wasp nests, dog fur, things like that. You might also see if any kind of critter has chewed thru the insulation on the wireing. Look for blown fuses?

Things you may have already done. Since you didn't mention what troubleshooting you have done yet I thought I'd throw those out there.

Be going thru there next week. What's the forcast???

hankaye
Weather is supposed to be nice.. Crappy at the moment..

Wolfwalker
10-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks everyone for the quick response.. Blew everything out, checked the limits, finally turned off the big tank and slowly turned on. All started working but barely.. Called propane company and they found a bad regulator. All works great now.

hankaye
10-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Wolfwalker, Howdy;

Good to hear things worked out for the best.

Thanks for the forcast outlook.

hankaye