PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

Aireman
02-04-2020, 11:52 AM
Anyone know off hand the size of the nut for my leaf springs? I have a 2019 32 RLI TT and while crawling underneath it I found a leaf spring bolt missing it’s nut. Don’t know when or where it fell off, could have come that way. Yikes!

Ken / Claudia
02-04-2020, 12:36 PM
If I was in that position, I would put a wench on another leaf spring bolt/nut. Remove it and take it to a parts shop. If they are not a nut with nylon locking bushing inside. I would buy those type. Might be a good time to check other suspension parts.

66joej
02-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Anyone know off hand the size of the nut for my leaf springs? I have a 2019 32 RLI TT and while crawling underneath it I found a leaf spring bolt missing it’s nut. Don’t know when or where it fell off, could have come that way. Yikes!

A bit cool to look at it right now. I believe the bolts are 9/16" shouldered to 3/8". This would take a 3/8"NF nut. Buy either nylock or upset nuts.
Reason it didn't come out is because they are force splined into the shackles.

chuckster57
02-04-2020, 12:50 PM
If I was in that position, I would put a wench on another leaf spring bolt/nut. Remove it and take it to a parts shop. If they are not a nut with nylon locking bushing inside. I would buy those type. Might be a good time to check other suspension parts.

Yup! Since you have to go to the store anyway, you might as well take one from another shackle bolt.

Aireman
02-04-2020, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I thought of that. Just thought I’d ask while I was out.