PDA

View Full Version : I feel stupid

Gregp
02-03-2020, 10:54 AM
I’m hoping someone with a 2008 raptor RP299 can help me identify the following connections on my trailer. I think I know but want to be sure. What’s the coaxial connection on the passenger (right) side of the trailer? I’m guessing it’s for an outside TV hook up? I figured out the two on the left side under the city water connection are for Satellite (bottom coaxial) and cable (top coaxial). I’m guessing the water connection behind the small compartment door on the right side of the trailer next to the fresh water tank fill is a flush for the fresh water tank. It has a back flow protector attached. Thanks. If anyone has a diagram that explains all connections I’d appreciate a copy. Contacting keystone is a waist of time. It’s like asking Walmart to explain what something is on a product they sell.

travelin texans
02-03-2020, 11:06 AM
I’m hoping someone with a 2008 raptor RP299 can help me identify the following connections on my trailer. I think I know but want to be sure. What’s the coaxial connection on the passenger (right) side of the trailer? I’m guessing it’s for an outside TV hook up? I figured out the two on the left side under the city water connection are for Satellite (bottom coaxial) and cable (top coaxial). I’m guessing the water connection behind the small compartment door on the right side of the trailer next to the fresh water tank fill is a flush for the fresh water tank. It has a back flow protector attached. Thanks. If anyone has a diagram that explains all connections I’d appreciate a copy. Contacting keystone is a waist of time. It’s like asking Walmart to explain what something is on a product they sell.

The port next to the FW fill is most likely for the black tank rinse not fresh water, never seen any RV with a FW rinse apparatus.
As for all the coax connections, from reading a couple different forums, those are any bodies guess as to where, to what or how many splitters may be hidden in walls or ceilings. Best bet is to spend the few bucks on a cable toner from the hardware store & check each one to be sure on your RV.

Gregp
02-03-2020, 11:11 AM
Thank you for the quick reply. I have 3 connections on the left side of the entry door as you are entering the trailer. One is a garden hose gravity fill for the fresh water tank and one is a female hose fitting for flushing the black tank and the third is the one I described above. A hose fill with a back flow preventer with a small on off valve inside a small compartment. That last one is what I’m unsure of. Maybe for flushing the water plumbing system or flushing the freshwater tank???

travelin texans
02-03-2020, 11:41 AM
One should be for connecting to a city water connection through your fresh water hose. There are no connections for flushing/rinsing the water system, only valves underneath to drain the FW tank & hot/cold low point drains.

chuckster57
02-03-2020, 11:50 AM
Could be a winterizing inlet...Haven seen that model so I'm just guessing!

Gregp
02-03-2020, 12:36 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Very much appreciated!

Laredo Tugger
02-03-2020, 03:46 PM
Gregp, Do not feel "stupid". For me (and others I'm sure) just coming on here with legit questions shows you are heads up and wanting to do things right.
Lord knows I have hit the guard rail on a few "learning curves" a time or two.
Enjoy your trailer.
RMc

chunker
02-03-2020, 03:51 PM
I don't have that RV but I suggest you get a coax tester. Klein tools makes one example which is the one I have

chuckster57
02-03-2020, 04:02 PM
Does the Klein work through splitters? Just wondering because the one I have doesn’t.

chunker
02-03-2020, 04:12 PM
Does the Klein work through splitters? Just wondering because the one I have doesn’t.

Don't know but I used the one shown which has testing caps. You can check the continuity of up to 4 lines. Will show good, bad, shorted. I used in on GF's Crusader to trace the coax. Where there is a splitter if you can get to it my suggestion is remove connections and test each cable. Since it checks continuity, I would assume that it would flow through a splitter. Don't have it with me to check that. But since a splitter has multiple cables attached it may default to a fault if any attached are bad.