PDA

View Full Version : Magnadyne Media Center

MikeWild
01-24-2020, 01:12 PM
I bought brand new a 2017 Bullet 212 that came with the Magnadyne 5090(?) Media Center with a USB input. Initially it read my thumb drives just fine but now it doesn't, I've formatted the drives, tried various different sizes and reset the media player but nothing happens when I put a USB stick into the player. It just sits there not reading it. Anyone else have this issue and or know if a resolve?

JRTJH
01-24-2020, 02:05 PM
Does that specific thumb drive work in any other device (not the one on which it was formatted)? Sometimes a device will add files to a thumb drive and not index them properly. When that happens, those files can be accessed only by the device that installed the files. So, any other device will not be able to read the drive.

Northofu1
01-24-2020, 03:24 PM
If the files were movies or tv shows, you might want to check what format they were loaded with, maybe your unit doesn't have the right codecs. Usually the unit will tell you what codecs it has, Xvid, Div-x, VLC (looks like a pylon) etc.

MikeWild
01-25-2020, 01:02 PM
The same files that previous worked just fine now no longer work. Same thumb drive works everywhere else but no longer in the media center. Its like the usb port simply stopped reading drives. I formatted, tried other drives, loaded only 1 mp3 file that it read before onto several different sized thumb drives all with no success. The port has power because the thumb drive ligyts up. I am stumped.

JRTJH
01-25-2020, 02:19 PM
There is a reset button on the faceplate, you might try that... The reset is a very small hole and you'll need to use a toothpick or a paper clip to "push the button inside the hole"... It is located on the faceplate, lower left corner, between the A/V input jack and the USB port.

The owner's manual indicates that if the vehicle battery is low, is jump started (battery rapid surge) or if power is removed at the battery, the device may need to be reset to factory settings (using the reset button) to restore all functions.

Maybe ???? It's worth a try.

MikeWild
01-31-2020, 04:33 PM
There is a reset button on the faceplate, you might try that... The reset is a very small hole and you'll need to use a toothpick or a paper clip to "push the button inside the hole"... It is located on the faceplate, lower left corner, between the A/V input jack and the USB port.

The owner's manual indicates that if the vehicle battery is low, is jump started (battery rapid surge) or if power is removed at the battery, the device may need to be reset to factory settings (using the reset button) to restore all functions.

Maybe ???? It's worth a try.

Thanks, that was the first thing I tried. It seems as though the USB port no longer reads anything plugged into it. I can plug a phone into the USB chord and it charges, just no longer reads the files. It's kind of a bummer as I really liked this feature, now I need to connect via bluetooth. :whistling: