PDA

View Full Version : sorry for the newbie question about reliability

guatdoc
10-05-2011, 11:49 AM
I just found this forum. I am looking to buy my first 5th wheel, and from what i have seen, i BELIEVE the Keystones are good reliable units?? Or are they a piece of trash????

Anyway I am going to look at a 2000 model MOntana tomorrow. Is that too old? That seems to be what I can afford right now. However if I do this, I will be using it for fulltiming, so I need a solid unit. any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

Phil

jq1031
10-05-2011, 12:11 PM
All manufactured brands have there horror stories. Buying a 10 year old RV is really when condition matters regardless of who makes it. Yes a high end unit COULD be a safer bet but if that Montana looks like it has been well maintained & shows no signs of neglect then it's probably worth considering. Regarding Keystone, I'm very happy with mine & most of the people on this forum seem the same. Good luck;)

SAABDOCTOR
10-05-2011, 12:30 PM
HI THERE I HAVE HAD THREE OF THEM. THEY ALL HAD MINOR ISSUES. ONE HAD SONE TRIN STRIPS NOT ATTACHED WELL. ONE WINDOW LEAK AND THE LAST ONE A 2010 3750FL HAD A BAD DOOR JAMB SWITCH. OTHER THAN THAT THEY ARE GREAT. JUST KEEP UP WITH MAINTANANCE. ENJOY"bouncey:

mikell
10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Find one that wasn't owned by fulltimers. Nothing wrong maybe but everything has been running 24 7 for who knows how long. When we were looking we found one that was just what we wanted but the people had lived in it for 6 years. Oh well

MILBY
10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
10 years old check the roof real good