PDA

View Full Version : 5er cover with WIND

flyingjack
01-09-2020, 02:23 PM
After 5 yrs full timing our Mountaineer is spending the winter at home in CO parked in an exposed area. Cleaned, waxed and then bought/installed a very good fitting ADCO cover with a Tyvek top which after 3 months and 55 mph winds was shredded-appears no damage to 5er. ADCO responded very quickly and will replace cover. BTW; I live 11 miles east of Boulder which means high winds. Don't want to replace with same cover so I'm asking what others are using in very windy areas. Surely we have many Wyoming RVrs on this forum that deal with this problem- what are you using.

Maybe I should get same ADCO cover and "cover" that with a std tarp to protect the cover?

Thanks for any and all opinions.
Jack
Erie, CO

travelin texans
01-09-2020, 09:07 PM
Just skip the cover, less hassle, less expense. You have it cleaned/waxed, should be fine.
How many RV dealers in your area have all the RVs on their lot covered?

flybouy
01-10-2020, 05:21 AM
^ What he said. I'll add that putting any "plastic tarp" on your trailer will cause issues. They are abrasive so scratching the surfaces is an issue, they don't "breath" so trapped moisture will cause mold, and they hold uv warmed air like a greenhouse causing a lot of heat that some reports list melting of some plastics.

Camp CA
01-30-2020, 08:25 AM
...............Thanks for any and all opinions...........

Both my light and heavy weight covers shredded in California's high winds. I plan to have my new fifth wheel ceramic coated to protect the outside instead.