PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with iRV system

TrishB
01-06-2020, 06:16 PM
We've just arrived back at our Keystone Passport in AZ. I wanted to play some of my CDs, which I often did last winter. When I press "Mode", it doesn't give me all the options that the manual says it will: Tuner, Disc, USB, etc. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not working?

JRTJH
01-06-2020, 06:34 PM
LOTS more info needed to make any guess...

No idea what year trailer, how old the DVD player is, what model/features it might have, how it was stored, for how long it was exposed to "super hot weather" in storage or whether it was 15F when you unlocked the door and wanted to listen to music while the furnace warms up the trailer....

It could be as simple as a partly charged battery that can't provide enough power to the DVD player, a lightening strike or a bad system.

Give us more to go on and maybe someone can get you an answer.

TrishB
01-06-2020, 06:40 PM
Thank you, JRTJH. Sorry I wasn't more specific. Our 2013 Passport stayed in the AZ desert since last Feb, parked in a resort near Quartzsite where we now are. I have no idea how hot this area became over the summer.
On the other hand, the iRV system has been used very little--no TV, not much radio, only occasional CDs.

TrishB

ChuckS
01-06-2020, 06:43 PM
I’m assuming your IRV unit is IRV34...

If so I’d suggest a factory reset

Per manual from IRV

TrishB
01-06-2020, 06:46 PM
Our system is EX6500DVD and is called "Car DVD/CD Receiver". The manual has no troubleshooting guide.

ChuckS
01-07-2020, 08:23 AM
Somewhere on that system is a system reset button... look for a small hole usually on face plate, etc. insert small paper clip in and reset the entire radio.

flybouy
01-07-2020, 09:09 AM
Manual for the radio. Copy and paste to your browser.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1166841/Irv-Irv6500bt.html