PDA

View Full Version : Hard point for attaching TV?

Auggie Waterman
01-06-2020, 11:37 AM
Hello all,

In our 2018 Hideout 308BHDS bedroom there is a cable TV and power plug up on the ceiling near the top of a built in cabinet/dresser. I'd like to mount a small TV near it. So I'm looking for a "hard point" or something / some place to put the mount. I lightly pounded the walls and I think there is a much firmer place near the 1/2 bath's door, but I'm not sure, any suggestions?

Does anyone think Keystone would be able to tell me where the hardpoint is?

Thank you,

Chris.

chuckster57
01-06-2020, 07:50 PM
Odds are a phone call to Keystone will be an exercise in futility. Your better off using a stud finder, or a very small Brad. Nail it in and it it hits hollow wall you can easily fill the hole with putty.

bsmith0404
01-06-2020, 09:33 PM
I can’t remember if the 2018 308 mounted the TV on an interior or exterior wall. Either way the TV backer is most likely about 4-6” down from the cable jacks. If it’s an interior wall, the backer is most likely wood and a stud finder should find it. You can also press on the wall to find the firm spot. If it’s exterior wall, the plate is most likely metal. Since the laminated wall is not hollow, pressing on the wall to find the firm spot is more difficult.