PDA

View Full Version : Switching from SOB

CedarCreekWoody
01-05-2020, 12:25 PM
I'm moving up to a fifth wheel. My previous two travel trailers were Wildwoods (Forest River) and I'm switching to a Loredo 290 SRL. I should pick it up in a week or so. I also upgraded my Ram to a 2500 diesel. I'm getting my hitch installed this week (Andersen Ultimate.)
I tend to do most of my own repairs and upgrades. I've been active on the FR forum for several years, looking forward to making new friends here. I live on Cedar Creek Lake near the Dallas area.

Frank G
01-05-2020, 02:33 PM
Good combination, welcome aboard, enjoy the new rig.

Gary R.
01-05-2020, 03:22 PM
Welcome aboard! Enjoy that new combination, sounds like a good one.

CedarCreekWoody
01-05-2020, 04:06 PM
Thanks guys! Fifth wheel is all new to me so I may have lots of questions.

chuckster57
01-05-2020, 04:53 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the move from TT to fifth wheel. Your going to love the way it tows. Lots of good information and loads of great people here.

Canonman
01-05-2020, 05:42 PM
Hi Woody,
I also came over from the FR forum when we upgraded our Wildwood to a Cougar 5er.
I think you're going to like both "Upgrades":)

CedarCreekWoody
01-05-2020, 05:47 PM
Thanks Canonman. It's good to have company!

TJO
01-14-2020, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the forum from Ottawa Ontario and congratulations on your new trailer!

wiredgeorge
01-14-2020, 06:19 PM
I'm moving up to a fifth wheel. My previous two travel trailers were Wildwoods (Forest River) and I'm switching to a Loredo 290 SRL. I should pick it up in a week or so. I also upgraded my Ram to a 2500 diesel. I'm getting my hitch installed this week (Andersen Ultimate.)
I tend to do most of my own repairs and upgrades. I've been active on the FR forum for several years, looking forward to making new friends here. I live on Cedar Creek Lake near the Dallas area.

I hope the Laredo you bought has 50A service and two A/C units. Gets a little hot here in Texas in the summer and one A/C is not going to get the job done! Ask me how I know.

CedarCreekWoody
01-14-2020, 06:23 PM
I hope the Laredo you bought has 50A service and two A/C units. Gets a little hot here in Texas in the summer and one A/C is not going to get the job done! Ask me how I know.

Yes, 50 amp and two A/C units. I am very familiar with our Texas summers.

wiredgeorge
01-14-2020, 08:44 PM
My last trailer was a Wildwood 22XL toy hauler with a single A/C and it wasn't ducted. No bueno. In my current trailer I augment with a portable 8K BTU vented out the window. A few weeks ago, I bought an older Dometic Brisk that I may mount where the vent goes in the bedroom and run a power line outside and connect to an available 15A or 20A on a pedestal when we camp.

FlyingAroundRV
01-14-2020, 10:03 PM
Hey Woody. Welcome to the forums. We keep our rig at Crowley and we were camped at Cedar Creek in September just before putting our rig back in storage for the winter. When we start our trips or come back from a trip, we usually stay at Cedar Creek or Cleburne.

CedarCreekWoody
01-15-2020, 03:27 AM
My last trailer was a Wildwood 22XL toy hauler with a single A/C and it wasn't ducted. No bueno. In my current trailer I augment with a portable 8K BTU vented out the window. A few weeks ago, I bought an older Dometic Brisk that I may mount where the vent goes in the bedroom and run a power line outside and connect to an available 15A or 20A on a pedestal when we camp.

That should work. I used to run a separate cord for my electric water heater. Never has a problem.

CedarCreekWoody
01-15-2020, 03:30 AM
Hey Woody. Welcome to the forums. We keep our rig at Crowley and we were camped at Cedar Creek in September just before putting our rig back in storage for the winter. When we start our trips or come back from a trip, we usually stay at Cedar Creek or Cleburne.

Lots of nice camping in this area. Check out Navarro Mills lake, a COE park near Corsicana some time. I hope you enjoy Cedar Creek when you're here.

Blackrock
01-19-2020, 09:08 AM
Come on over Woody. I too went with a Keystone Laredo 265SRL for my last buy. I had three FR products before that. Pretty satisfied with all my units and never once back to the dealer for warranty repairs on any of them. I like the variety of discussion between the FR and Keystone sites.

markjamestx
01-20-2020, 07:27 AM
Okay, where do you camp at Cedar Creek? Our youngest grandson lives outside Gun Barrel City and we have not found a decent campground close by.

flookk
01-20-2020, 08:11 AM
Greetings from The Great White North. 19F today. Digging out from under 8" of new snow. Longing for spring and camping weather. As a satisfied former Rockwood Roo owner now hauling a Keystone Sprinter I lurk on both forums. Lot's of great information on both.

CedarCreekWoody
01-20-2020, 09:44 AM
Okay, where do you camp at Cedar Creek? Our youngest grandson lives outside Gun Barrel City and we have not found a decent campground close by.

I dont camp on Cedar Creek Lake, I live here (on the south end of the lake.) The only campground with lake frontage, as far as I know, is Shiloh On The Lake, near Malakoff. I've heard it is nice but I've not camped there.
There are others in the area but none on the lake that I know of.

markjamestx
06-07-2021, 11:41 AM
I dont camp on Cedar Creek Lake, I live here (on the south end of the lake.) The only campground with lake frontage, as far as I know, is Shiloh On The Lake, near Malakoff. I've heard it is nice but I've not camped there.
There are others in the area but none on the lake that I know of.

Wow, I don't even remember posting this but about two years ago we camped at Shiloh on the Lake. It was pretty nice, we would give it a 7 out of 10.

CedarCreekWoody
06-07-2021, 02:48 PM
I'm glad it worked out for. I've not stayed there but it looked nice.

spicercars
06-09-2021, 02:33 AM
Welcome from Northern MN.