PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Avalanche 333MK slide toppers

Jacko
01-03-2020, 03:20 AM
I'm looking to purchase 3 slide toppers for the 3 slides. Above each of the slides is a bar with a rain spout on one end. Will these bars that run the entire length affect putting the toppers on?

chuckster57
01-03-2020, 03:50 AM
If those “bars” have a slot in them, they are called awning rails and are meant to be used to hold the topper fabric to the trailer. Just remove one rain spout, slide the fabric bead on and re install the spout.

It’s not quite that simple, but as long as that bar has the slot in, it’s much easier to install toppers.

Jacko
01-03-2020, 04:04 AM
Thanks Chuckster57, I've only had it 2 weeks and have not climbed up on a ladder to see yet. Will take a look today.

JRTJH
01-03-2020, 08:03 AM
My Cougar had "gutter rails" that did not have an awning slot in them. They were above each slide (to protect against rainwater running under the slide flange).

When I installed my slide covers, I removed those "gutter rails" and installed the awning rails in their place. After installing the slide covers, I then reinstalled the gutter rails about 2 inches above the slide cover awning rail.