PDA

View Full Version : Roof impact but no tear

Campermike
01-01-2020, 02:13 PM
I recently purchased a 2013 passport 2300bh and it mostly seems in good shape. However I didn't look closely at the roof prior to purchase and I should have. It has apparently had a roof impact from something in its past. There are a couple dents above the door area. The dents are large but the rubber isn't torn and I see no evidence of leaks inside. What if anything should I do to repair it? I have attached a pic of it. The Dent is in the upper part of the picture.

Campermike
01-01-2020, 02:16 PM
Another picture

chuckster57
01-01-2020, 02:36 PM
Leave it alone as long as the membrane is intact.

GHen
01-01-2020, 06:46 PM
Mine rig had all kinds on scratches on top from the guys bringing it from the factory to the dealer, probably should have had the dealer replace the vent covers and skylight.
I agree, as long as they are no tears, leave it alone, just check it regularly.

Campermike
01-03-2020, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the thoughts guys. It looks like this damage has been there awhile, and it appears there are no tears but the wood under the rubber definitely took a good hit. I did notice a patch on the other side of the roof that I also will monitor. It looks like the dicor or whatever they sealed around the patch with is failing so I'll clean that up and ensure the patch is solid, then re seal around it.