PDA

View Full Version : Furrion antenna lte router

Loum35
12-26-2019, 05:13 PM
Recently purchased a keystone 2521 gt. It came with the furrion omni antenna. It says the antenna supports am fm hdtv , wifi and 4g lte. My question is do I Need the router for the tv and radio functions?. I know i need it for eifi and lte.

LHaven
12-26-2019, 05:17 PM
No, a router is a digital protocol component, and TV/radio are dumb analog systems.

flybouy
12-27-2019, 05:25 AM
No, a router is a digital protocol component, and TV/radio are dumb analog systems.

Actually the television is a digital signal but no router is required for over the air television reception. A cable system with an "addressable cable box" requires the router because the cable box must communicates with the cable providers server.

GeekSquadOfUn
12-27-2019, 06:41 AM
The Furrion device (Router) is only needed for Cellular connections and provide Wi-fi in your coach

TV/Radio if fully functional, no need for anything else.

I have my own Wi-Fi router in my coach - less than $50 and I bought a long range antenna for improving Wi-Fi connectivity in campgrounds.

Has been working for me for close to 5 years now - I've upgraded my router last year.

Loum35
12-27-2019, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the information. I am looking to work from trailer some days this summer and trying to decide best solution. The Furrrion router or a ATT Hotspot. Also since the atenna on the roof supports tv and radio wanted to confirm that those are pre wired from factory and the router is not required.