PDA

View Full Version : Furnace duct partially blocked

Harth
12-25-2019, 04:27 PM
Hi, we are spending our first winter in our 2006 Montana. I wasn't too impressed with the airflow out the 3 floor vents in the main room. I went looking for blockages in the duct work and found the duct is over half blocked by tin where the duct turns 90 degrees under the stairs. Is there a reason for this or do you think it was a manufacturing mistake?
https://i.ibb.co/NNktBsz/20191201-172531.jpg (https://ibb.co/1Xp7WLx)

chuckster57
12-25-2019, 04:45 PM
I would suspect it was left in there when they built the trailer. Take it out, you’ll be warmer.

NH_Bulldog
12-25-2019, 05:35 PM
Air ducts are usually “balanced” to provide airflow at each register. In order to get flow from the last register in line, the duct gets smaller the further you are from the source. That theory might be giving too much credit to Keystone, so I would look into the connections at the furnace to be sure you are getting all the flow you expect. There are also “ducts” into the belly area that could be flowing too much air underneath

rhagfo
12-25-2019, 06:46 PM
Air ducts are usually “balanced” to provide airflow at each register. In order to get flow from the last register in line, the duct gets smaller the further you are from the source. That theory might be giving too much credit to Keystone, so I would look into the connections at the furnace to be sure you are getting all the flow you expect. There are also “ducts” into the belly area that could be flowing too much air underneath

Well in a quality sticks and bricks, but in an RV it is one size all the way. I also found a partial blockage in the duct going to our bedroom. Some aluminum duct tape fixed the issue.

Harth
12-25-2019, 07:13 PM
It's before all of the registers so I can't see any reason for it. Now the challenge is how to get in there to open it up. Thanks

chuckster57
12-25-2019, 07:30 PM
Look in the basement. You might be able to remove the rear wall, and it should be easy Peasy. Normally the panels are held on by squarehead (Roberts) #2 screws.