PDA

View Full Version : Was not expecting that, service review

ronheater70
12-19-2019, 04:28 AM
The fireplace was bad in my 2019 369bh Cougar. I turned it on and off a few times to show friends the new camper when we bought it, but the first time we tried to use it in the fall, no go.
We bought the camper from one of the very large RV Outlets in VA because We wanted that specific one and camping world which was only 15 minutes away wouldnt deal with us on our trade we had bought from them a year earlier.
SO The outlet was an hour away, the edge of my comfort zone because I like buying mechanical things local just for the chance any issues should arise and phone calls break down, I can always stop in for a face to face.

Anywho, I called to inquire about maybe taking the fireplace out instead of pulling the whole camper up there and leaving it for god knows how long.
Spoke to a Tech and he cleared it, so thats what I did. He did a bench test on it right there with me, agreed t failed and said he would get the warranty work going. This was 2 weeks before christmas, so I wasnt expecting to even get confirmation until new year.
Got a call yesterday, It is in and I can come pick it up. Less than 2 weeks after dropping it off. Very Pleased with the turn around time!
I'm Happy , to say the least, because I wasnt expecting such good service from a large outlet RV center. Good to know some folks still take care of us even for minor issues.

jsmith948
12-19-2019, 06:01 AM
Glad you got such good service. It's always good hear positive reports on a dealer. I don't think it is against the forum rules to share the name of the dealer. Might help someone in your area decide which dealer to deal with.:)

notanlines
12-19-2019, 06:21 AM
I also believe it only fair all around to mention the dealer, good or bad.

wiredgeorge
12-19-2019, 06:43 AM
Isn't there something in the site terms of use about saying anything positive about a dealer? It is rare someone comes in with a good report. I also wonder if the fireplace was covered by Keystone in general or whatever supplier made the thing.... just curious about that...

flybouy
12-19-2019, 06:50 AM
The link to the site rules can be found at the bottom of the page in a box titled "POSTING RULES", at the bottom of that box the link titled "Forum Rules". Following is a quote on the subject of posting commercial links, ect.

NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Commercial posting and fund raising solicitations are not permitted except by PRIOR arrangement with Social Knowledge LLC. Participants may not advertise, post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a vendor account has been established.

ronheater70
12-19-2019, 07:48 AM
Isn't there something in the site terms of use about saying anything positive about a dealer? It is rare someone comes in with a good report. I also wonder if the fireplace was covered by Keystone in general or whatever supplier made the thing.... just curious about that...

Good question, I imagine since the camper was bought new there, and only 6 months old it would fall under Keystone and not Titan Flame?
This was RV Outlet in Danville VA. I will say that they have a seperate service location a few miles away from their main sales location. They still have a few service techs at the sale side though to help with delivery issues, installs etc I presume. They sent me to that location for faster service. I had an issue calling the service location and getting someone and called the main office and they jumped on it and routed me to the tech there and got this all started.

wiredgeorge
12-19-2019, 10:36 AM
The link to the site rules can be found at the bottom of the page in a box titled "POSTING RULES", at the bottom of that box the link titled "Forum Rules". Following is a quote on the subject of posting commercial links, ect.

NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Commercial posting and fund raising solicitations are not permitted except by PRIOR arrangement with Social Knowledge LLC. Participants may not advertise, post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a vendor account has been established.

WAS A JOKE! JUST KIDDING. Note the weatherman says Joppa Md. high today will be 31F. Humor frozen up there in the lower arctic circle? bwhahahaha :angel:

wiredgeorge
12-19-2019, 10:39 AM
Good question, I imagine since the camper was bought new there, and only 6 months old it would fall under Keystone and not Titan Flame?
This was RV Outlet in Danville VA. I will say that they have a seperate service location a few miles away from their main sales location. They still have a few service techs at the sale side though to help with delivery issues, installs etc I presume. They sent me to that location for faster service. I had an issue calling the service location and getting someone and called the main office and they jumped on it and routed me to the tech there and got this all started.

I once worked for the Fed and lived just north of DC in Riverdale MD. We had a timeshare in Harrisonburg and loved that part of the country; Danville is just to the south.

flybouy
12-19-2019, 10:44 AM
WAS A JOKE! JUST KIDDING. Note the weatherman says Joppa Md. high today will be 31F. Humor frozen up there in the lower arctic circle? bwhahahaha :angel:

Understood but want to make sure anyone new to the forum doesn't get confused. It's bright and a "balmy" 69 inside today.:)

Ken / Claudia
12-19-2019, 11:03 AM
Another reminder showing how a really good dealer is vs. someone who only wants the sale of the RV. It's the best thing we have going regarding any work warranty or not, a good dealer.

Customer1
12-19-2019, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a good service department to work with.

cag
12-26-2019, 08:14 AM
I have a 2019 320MK and the fireplace also had issues. Got it in August so we checked that it light up but didn't try the heat, it was 80 out. Later we tried the heat and no go. Dealer replaced it in Dec no questions asked while I waited. The fireplace was flashing the flames, my grandson loved it.

opienva1
12-28-2019, 08:01 AM
I got mine there in June 2018 great to work with. I had warranty work done at the end of the season and it went great. They had to move their service to a different location as the lot was full with new ones to sell and no space to store campers being serviced. Awesome group to deal with.