PDA

View Full Version : Leaking toilet

lmoser
10-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Have a 324 cougar that has served us pretty well since May. About 40 nights spent with minor problems. However this weekend, the master toilet developed a major leak. It appears to be coming from the connection where the water is coming in. My dealer is 150 miles away and if this is not an easy fix I may take it to a dealer nearer home and bite the bullet. Any thoughts or help?

captbru
10-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Toilet started leaking on our new Laredo. We have the porcilen bowel with the foot flush. The leak was comming from the top fitting right under the back of the toilet seat. Our's is raised up at that point. You can take the toilet seat off and see the whole back of the toilet. I don't have my manuals with me right now and I'am not sure of the name. If you have the same toilet and your manual for the toilet you can find the piece. Flush the toilet and water spray's out the top. Keystone had to put a new fitting on our's.

jason
10-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Similar problem, wondering if I sure try to fix it myself or bring it back for warranty? You can see the water in the pic.

captbru
10-03-2011, 06:49 AM
We were set up in a campground in Tampa and we bought the unit in Orlando about 90 miles away. The selling dealer sent a mobile rv repair from tampa to look at. He ordered the part and came back and installed it in about 20min. It looked like an easy fix. I didn't want to touch it as we only had the trailer 3 days. See what your dealer will do.