PDA

View Full Version : Warm Thanksgiving

ronheater70
12-02-2019, 08:34 AM
We had 15 folks at our House for the Thanksgiving weekend, so the Wife and I decided to Crash in the new Cougar at night. I have to admit I was a lil nervous about the in-command and the furnace not working properly after reading about issues on here with it not starting, or not turning back on etc.. Well I'm pleased to say I set the thermostat on 67 and it worked flawlessly with the temps at 30 degrees outside for the 2 nights we slept in it. Very cozy. We dont camp in cold temps, and I had only briefly tried it before for cutiosity sake but this was the first real run. Zero Issues with that. IM removing my electric fireplace tonight to take it to the dealer for bench test and possible warranty replacement. WOuld have been nice to have it going too, but we were plenty comfy without it!

tech740
12-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Always nice to hear when things work as designed.

Bisjoe
12-02-2019, 12:51 PM
Great idea, glad it worked out so well. Our trailer is winterized, but we did plug it in and use the fridge for extra food and drink storage until dinner time. We only had 13 but they all went home after. I also considered using the oven but then we managed by staggering the baking and use the convection toaster oven in our kitchen.

Gegrad
12-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Glad to hear everything went smoothly! That was a packed house; I can see why you tried it out.

ronheater70
12-03-2019, 04:31 AM
Yea I was very pleased! And it was sooooo Quiet out there in the driveway!
I like to ask questions and pick at issues when something isn't right that I feel should be. But You know we rarely get on here and say everything is fine, it all worked well.