PDA

View Full Version : Anderson 3200 FIT ISSUE

X-Jaywalker
11-30-2019, 11:18 AM
This is really silly. These hitches are suppose to drop right into your standard rails. NOPE, it is .062" off. Just enough to be a PITA. Anyone else have this issue. I am trying to get ready for a trip and was looking forward to trying this hitch out. :confused:

Yes, I could just grind the steel base plates slots and open them up .062". But i shouldn't have to. I sent a email to Anderson with photos and measurements (LOL - engineers are like that). It will interesting to see what their tolerances are (again - OCD =)..24486

X-Jaywalker
11-30-2019, 11:22 AM
Ooops photo flipped....

flybouy
11-30-2019, 12:33 PM
Take a look at those instructions again. You may not be using the correct tools to do that install. That looks to me like the tolerance demands the use of a BFH.:lol:

chuckster57
11-30-2019, 01:16 PM
I wouldn’t grind the slots. You may be able to loosen the bolts holding the rails down, install the Anderson and then tighten them back up.

travelin texans
11-30-2019, 01:46 PM
I wouldn’t grind the slots. You may be able to loosen the bolts holding the rails down, install the Anderson and then tighten them back up.

That would definitely be my first thought before dragging out a grinder.

Snoking
11-30-2019, 06:26 PM
Where does the other end of that rail line up? Chris

X-Jaywalker
11-30-2019, 06:35 PM
The back tabs dropped in just fine. This is a photo of the right side tab, the left side Looks the same. About .062” off

roadglide
12-01-2019, 05:45 AM
The back tabs dropped in just fine. This is a photo of the right side tab, the left side Looks the same. About .062” off

Will the front side tabs fit if it was installed first?

X-Jaywalker
12-01-2019, 08:09 AM
Yes, then the back tabs don’t line up. Just like the front.

I am going to try to loosen the rail mounting bolts and see if I can adjust them enough to work.

rhagfo
12-06-2019, 06:05 AM

I am going to try to loosen the rail mounting bolts and see if I can adjust them enough to work.

Have you considered that the previous hitch was not correct?

I agree that loosen the rails (both) and get the hitch to line up then tighten up the bolts.

DrHolliday
12-09-2019, 02:16 AM

I'd bet your rails aren't lined up. Measure from the front drivers side corner of the front rail to the rear passenger side corner of the rear rail. Then measure the opposite sides in an X pattern. The measurements should be the same. If they are not your rails are slightly off. If they are the same, then the hitch was fabbed wrong.

bsmith0404
12-12-2019, 08:21 AM
Had the same issue with mine when I had that hitch. A small BFH adjustment (didn’t want to go too much and break the welds). Then always set those tabs first then the others dropped in. If I set the other tabs first, there wasn’t enough tolerance/play to get it to drop in.