PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Fort Lewis!

aspynmom
09-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi all!

Dual-Army family here, just purchased a 2012 Passport UltraLite GT 2650, towing with a Chevy Avalanche!

Was hoping for any advice on some RV "must haves" and any tips and tricks...we've only owned a PUP prior to this which is quite a difference!

Maiden voyage planned for Columbus Day weekend....

SteveC7010
09-30-2011, 05:01 AM
Was hoping for any advice on some RV "must haves" and any tips and tricks...we've only owned a PUP prior to this which is quite a difference!

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your new rig for a long, long time.

Many of those tips and tricks are already here. If you read back through the various sub-forums, you will find tons of info about TT's and RV'ing.

If you have questions on a specific topic, try the search function first. Many times you will find the answer right away. If you are new to forums, don't be afraid to play with the search system and learn how to use.

Not everything will be where you think it should be. Folks post questions in places that you might not think to look. For example, you may have a regular TT, but the answer to a question might well be in the fifth wheel section. I would encourage all of to read everything.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Festus2
09-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Steve has given you some excellent suggestions regarding using the forum's Search feature. It is a valuable tool that everyone should become familiar with and use - especially those new to our forum and all others. We've driven by Ft. Lewis many times enroute to campgrounds in WA. Welcome to the group!

08ramguy
11-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi all!

Dual-Army family here, just purchased a 2012 Passport UltraLite GT 2650, towing with a Chevy Avalanche!

Maiden voyage planned for Columbus Day weekend....

Hey I am on fort lewis, 4-2id.........