PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with a 291rls?

Woodtrucker
11-13-2019, 08:28 PM
I’m going to buy a 2007 cougar 291rls on Friday.
Upgrading from 2001 keystone sprinter for last 5 years.
Guess you can say we are keystone people!
I feel like I know what to expect but I do have a question. Do these campers have dual water heater? LP or electric.
Anybody that has 291rls. Anything else I should be aware of?
Thanks,
Scott

JRTJH
11-13-2019, 08:53 PM
The 2007 Cougar brochure states it comes standard with a "gas/electric water heater"...

That said, most water heaters last 7-10 years, so there's a very good chance that what's in the trailer now may not be the OEM water heater. If the previous owner "cheaped out" he may have installed an off brand or a "same brand with fewer features"...

So, check carefully and don't take for granted that what's advertised in an old brochure is what's actually still installed in a trailer of that vintage...

flybouy
11-14-2019, 05:13 AM
As Chuck stated the only way to tell is with a visual confirmation.

FWIW......If I were going to purchase a used 12+ year old camper I'd be looking in every nook and cranny anyway for signs of water damage, mold, structural fatigue, replaced components, etc.

If you don't know what to look for then get someone who does. A little money spent before jumping in may save you spending lots and lots of money later.

chuckster57
11-14-2019, 05:36 AM
Ok you say I said it...guess I did

flybouy
11-14-2019, 05:39 AM
Sorry Chuck, John said it. Got some brain fog this a.m.!

chuckster57
11-14-2019, 05:48 AM
It’s all good!! Cold back there? Going to be in Tshirt by 9 here.

flybouy
11-14-2019, 06:18 AM
It’s all good!! Cold back there? Going to be in Tshirt by 9 here.

Ok that's it, time pack up and move! You didn't have rub salt in the wounds just because I bore false witness against you.:lol:

Cold, correction, frigid air moved in. Climbed up to mid 30's or so yesterday. Lows in the 20's. We don't need windows that open any longer, seems like we turn the air conditioner off and tee heat on in the same day until we reverse the procedure around April/May.:banghead: