PDA

View Full Version : 2018 32RLI model specific questions

Maineiacs
11-12-2019, 05:39 AM
Just brought home a used 2018 32RLI. Unfortunately the only manual left with unit was the Keystone generic camper guide. Does anyone with a 32RLI have any user manual(s) on the leveling system or the entertainment system? I'll be poking around online but just wondering if I could save a few steps.

Thanks in advance!

chuckster57
11-12-2019, 05:49 AM
As a rule ALL owners manuals for pretty much any brand/model are fairly generic. If you need specific information about any of your specific systems, best thing is to start a thread and describe with as much detail as possible. Pics would help us help you. Congrats and your now on the best online owners manual there is.

JRTJH
11-12-2019, 05:59 AM
In addition to Chuck's suggestions, you can find the "data plate" on each piece of equipment, jot down the model number, serial number and part number, then use GOOGLE to search for each of those numbers (add the term: "owner's manual") and look for key terms like "pdf" in the search results. I don't think I've failed to locate a "downloadable owner's manual" on anything I've searched for in the past year or so.

Once you locate the pdf file, download it to your computer, save them in a folder titled "trailer" and after you've got what you need, put them on a flash drive to stash in the trailer for future reference. I also printed all of mine, punched holes in one side and put them all in a "3-ring binder" that I keep in the trailer, so even if I don't have my computer to read the flash drive, I've got the "old, tried and true" print version as a backup.....

wiredgeorge
11-12-2019, 06:43 AM
I had a comprehensive set of manuals that came with my old 2002 Cougar and found that many of the components were not actually the ones the manuals were for and ended up with a google search. Some of the manuals were more installation than operation.

This site will likely be a better source of specifics. Also keep in mind that each camper rolling off the line seems to be almost a one-off. There is no wiring diagram, assembly will be different, components will be different even for the same model and year.

Maineiacs
11-12-2019, 06:48 AM
This site will likely be a better source of specifics. Also keep in mind that each camper rolling off the line seems to be almost a one-off. There is no wiring diagram, assembly will be different, components will be different even for the same model and year.

I understand and agree completely. Saw several prior threads cussing and discussing the 2 gray water tanks and drains on the 32RLI's. Our unit has the two gray water stickers on the outside, but in fact there's only one gray water drain. And one black of course!

This isn't our first camper but it will probably be our last and I want to baby everything as much as possible.

Scott in Michigan
11-15-2019, 08:40 AM
We have a 2018 32RLI.

Fire away with your questions, keeping in mind the caveat above that sometimes they are one-off leaving the assembly line.

Scott

jsb5717
11-15-2019, 09:23 AM
I understand and agree completely. Saw several prior threads cussing and discussing the 2 gray water tanks and drains on the 32RLI's. Our unit has the two gray water stickers on the outside, but in fact there's only one gray water drain. And one black of course!

You likely have 2 separate gray water tanks. But there's only one handle to drain them? I know that's the case sometimes, just curious in case there's a 2nd handle you need to locate.

And welcome aboard!

Wyldfire
11-15-2019, 10:05 AM
I'd bet you have 2 grey tanks, 2 valves, and one drain.

Maineiacs
11-15-2019, 02:13 PM
Working my way through most of my questions and issues. Two manuals or cheat sheets I'm still digging for; the fireplace and the thermostat. Can't find a dataplate of any type on the fireplace and would like to find a manual or reference guide. The Dometic thermostat controls both the A/C and the furnace and I'm trying to figure out the correct combination of "touches" to get heat vs. A/C.

Anyone?

By the way, thanks for all the previous replies.

JRTJH
11-15-2019, 02:21 PM
This may be the Dometic single zone thermostat manual you're trying to locate. If it is, confirm it's what you need and if not, post a photo of your thermostat and I'll try to get you a manual.

ADDED: I've no idea what fireplace you have, so no way to even begin to guess on which manual to provide. Maybe a photo of the fireplace face, the controls, etc to help identify the manual

Maineiacs
11-15-2019, 02:55 PM
What's the process on this site to post a jpg photo?

jsb5717
11-15-2019, 03:46 PM
Under the Quick Reply box click on Go Advanced. At the bottom is a button to add photos

JRTJH
11-15-2019, 07:22 PM
Or you can go here and get the entire "how to": http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7518

While you're there, look around, there's all kinds of "how do I?" and "It won't work for me" kinds of information in that section of the forum.

Maineiacs
11-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Here's a photo of the fireplace and the remote. Still comparing photos trying to figure out vendor. Width is about 28 inches.

Maineiacs
11-16-2019, 11:02 AM
JRTJH, Thanks for that link!

JRTJH
11-16-2019, 11:26 AM
See if this manual might be what you're looking for:

Here's a link to what I think is a replacement: https://www.amazon.com/TAGI-Embedded-Electric-Fireplace-Recessed/dp/B07GBTSXNG

chuckster57
11-16-2019, 11:53 AM
That remote kind of looks like a grey stone

JRTJH
11-16-2019, 01:26 PM
That remote kind of looks like a grey stone

It does. There are several manufacturers that use the same Chinese factory to build their "brand"... The remote is a "type C" from the pdf file I posted in my last post.

Maineiacs
11-16-2019, 02:32 PM
See if this manual might be what you're looking for:

Here's a link to what I think is a replacement: https://www.amazon.com/TAGI-Embedded-Electric-Fireplace-Recessed/dp/B07GBTSXNG

That looks like the one. The manual might as well be in Chinese for all the guidance it offers. Thanks for finding it.

JRTJH
11-16-2019, 03:06 PM
For the most part, nearly all the fireplaces installed in RV's are "no repair parts available" and "when it breaks, throw it away and buy another"...

It's just a part of our "journey down disposable lane".... Same with most TV's, range hoods, RV stereo systems, just to name a few.....

Scott in Michigan
11-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Jim,

Did the PM reply come through?

I'm not convinced my reply was sent. Could be operator error...

Scott

Maineiacs
11-17-2019, 02:27 PM
Jim,

Did the PM reply come through?

I'm not convinced my reply was sent. Could be operator error...

Scott

Yup, got all 3!

GeoZ
11-22-2019, 07:45 PM
Most if not all of the manuals are available to download from the Keystone website. I just downloaded and printed the complete manual for the Ground Control system. I purchased our 2019 32RLI new and was surprised these manuals did not come with the unit. Just a card for each system saying manuals were available online. I have the same fireplace unit and would be more than happy to copy for you if need be, just have to figure out how to hookup. Regarding the gray water dump, you have 2 tanks and 1 valve. They dump together.

Maineiacs
11-23-2019, 05:07 AM
Most if not all of the manuals are available to download from the Keystone website..

Could you provide a link to the location? The only document I've been able to find at Keystone is their generic camper guide.

GeoZ
11-23-2019, 07:17 PM
Could you provide a link to the location? The only document I've been able to find at Keystone is their generic camper guide.

Well I must have been into the Seagrams VO when I was researching stuff for myself. I swear there was a section on the Keystone website where I found component manuals. Darn if I can find today. Anyways, I dug out my manuals for the trailer. I downloaded the ground Control manual direct from LCI. There was a card telling me where to log into to get. Regarding your fireplace, looking at the remote, it is exactly like mine. My trailer has a Titan Flame 26" flat LED insert electric fireplace Model EF-30BF. Check out their website for additional info. Sorry I mislead you but I still think I saw availability for manuals on Keystones site.

Maineiacs
11-24-2019, 08:56 AM
Well I must have been into the Seagrams VO when I was researching stuff for myself. .

I can understand that! Been trolling the web for manuals for a few days now, building up a collection. Nothing makes me more angry than not knowing if something is fixable by me or if I need an expert.

Enjoy your Seagrams!