PDA

View Full Version : Bent superglide hitch

AFM54
11-11-2019, 04:06 PM
Hello,

Two questions for you all.

1. Anyone tow a fuzion toyhauler with a gmc/Chevy standard bed (short) truck and a non slider hitch? I have a 2016 truck and trailer and am looking to possibly switch.

2. Anyone have thoughts on how my hitch bent? I have an older style pullrite superglide 3600 (24k). I’ve towed with it with no problems since 2016, but we recently moved and our driveway has a tight turn and slope to it on exit. The only thing I can think is that the truck trailer combo twisted enough that it bent the head plate. This is my second bent head plate in about a month :(

slow
11-11-2019, 04:21 PM
.........our driveway has a tight turn and slope to it on exit. The only thing I can think is that the truck trailer combo twisted enough that it bent the head plate. This is my second bent head plate in about a month :(

I suspect you are right in your analysis. A call to PullRite is probably the best next step to take.

Let us know what they say. I am curious since I too make a tight turn when backing onto our driveway with a 5 degree angle to it. But I have less pin weight.

slow
11-16-2019, 05:47 AM
Any updates AMF?