PDA

View Full Version : Black tank valve issue

MikeNovak
11-03-2019, 02:10 PM
Have a 2018 427 Fuzion and having an issue with the black tank.

The last few times I’ve gone to open the cap for the tanks black water has come out before releasing the valve. Is there a secondary valve somewhere that could be open I’m missing?

Pretty gross

Theoldroaddog
11-03-2019, 02:18 PM
I had the same issue on my 2016 Impact 361. I bought a Valterra twist on gate valve through Amazon. I found that there was construction debris that was causing the gate valve on the black tank from closing correctly.

Valterra Black T58 Twist-On Waste Valve https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGHYJS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_je1VDbZ5H1PWP

JRTJH
11-03-2019, 03:20 PM
To answer your question: No, there's not a secondary valve in the black tank or the gray tank dump plumbing.

That said, Theoldroaddog's suggestion of a twist on, terminal valve is a great idea, not only to eliminate the "surprises" that occasionally occur, but as additional "insurance" against that "deluge of stink" that happens if there's a catastrophic failure..... A "well spent $20" for sure !!!!!

K_N_L
11-03-2019, 04:52 PM
My black tank gate is still very stiff, and will leak some as well. A extra twist on Secondary gate is the best insurance. I have lube’d the cable and even rerouted to cable to take some extra bends out but it’s still not prefect.

Roadmaster
11-11-2019, 08:53 AM
It appears with that setup, you couldn't leave the gray open because the black and gray share the same end pipe.

flybouy
11-11-2019, 09:19 AM
It appears with that setup, you couldn't leave the gray open because the black and gray share the same end pipe.

Why not? You still have a valve on each tank prior to than. The blank tank valve isn't stuck open according to the OP just leaks a little liquid over time.

Roadmaster
11-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Why not? You still have a valve on each tank prior to than. The blank tank valve isn't stuck open according to the OP just leaks a little liquid over time.

I got the idea he was going to leave the original black valve open and just use the twist on. My cable controlled valve is so stiff I fear I'm going to break the handle trying to open and close it. I guess I misunderstood how he was going to use it.

flybouy
11-11-2019, 10:15 AM
I got the idea he was going to leave the original black valve open and just use the twist on. My cable controlled valve is so stiff I fear I'm going to break the handle trying to open and close it. I guess I misunderstood how he was going to use it.

I was thinking what the OP said, and not what K_N_L reported.

K_N_L
11-11-2019, 05:12 PM
I wasnt clear in my earlier post was about a twist on gate - (edited) My sewer connection and grey 2 under my sofa slide, So before the slide goes out , I connect the hose and open the twist on gate and grey 2 and leave them open till pack up. I only open the gates in the convenience center at flush / packup time. I tend to open and close the black handle a couple of times to get a good close but i havent got it where I trust it. I been behind the panel a couple of times and its wasnt the best organized area.