PDA

View Full Version : TT Roof

WSCY
10-29-2019, 04:43 AM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a cleaner for my trailer roof. It is getting dingy and appears to need cleaned.

wiredgeorge
10-29-2019, 05:03 AM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a cleaner for my trailer roof. It is getting dingy and appears to need cleaned.

Put a signature on your posts as there are different roof materials out there based on make/model. The best cleaning product for one may not be the best for another. If you have a rubber roof and you see dark and not dirt, that is another issue. Roof is wearing as white pigment is going or gone. You can scrub the black all you like and it will only make things worse.

WSCY
10-29-2019, 05:08 AM
Sorry. It is a Hideout 2018 LHS 258. It appears to be a rubber roof, one piece

wiredgeorge
10-29-2019, 05:33 AM
Sorry. It is a Hideout 2018 LHS 258. It appears to be a rubber roof, one piece

Well, it probably isn't worn out then. I have a 2002 Cougar and mine was worn out. Luckily I met a tree limb and Progressive paid for a new roof; in my case an RV-Armor lifetime transferable warranty roof. The roof is worth as much as the camper! :angel:

The gurus on this site will tell you if you have a TPO or EDPM or xzy roof and the best cleaner then. I have no idea as I don't need to EVER clean my roof but if I did have the urge to wash the dust off, would use soap detergent and water with my brush with a long telescoping handle that hooks up to a water hose (bought it at Walmart to wash the sides of the trailer mostly where I can't reach due to height).

Here is an article if you are not sure:
https://www.rvrepairclub.com/video/rv-roofing-material-011538/

Lee
10-29-2019, 07:21 AM
Hi.... I use warm water and Dawn dish soap applied with a soft brush on a pole.

travelin texans
10-29-2019, 08:13 AM
I use Simple Green concentrate diluted in a gallon sprayer, soak it with the SG, let set for 10-15 minutes, scrub with a medium bristle brush, repeat if necessary & rinse thoroughly.
Then rinse the sides of the RV thourghly as the roof leaves a white residue running down the sides.

Logan X
10-29-2019, 09:51 AM
I use dawn dish soap. Below is a link to a video with more information.

https://youtu.be/KlhVYQgVVM8