PDA

View Full Version : Loss of water pressure on hot side

brianshellhart
10-27-2019, 04:44 PM
Loss of water pressure on hot side installed new anoid problem still persist

ChuckS
10-27-2019, 04:59 PM
If you’ve filled water heater tank back up and are not getting flow then most likely the check valve on the water heater “Out” side is stuck closed

brianshellhart
10-27-2019, 05:16 PM
Going thru the manual and I don't have a check valve and it is definitely not on any of the tubing(piping) that takes the water away

JRTJH
10-27-2019, 05:35 PM
The water heater check valve is located at the TOP (hot water outlet) connection on the water heater. It's the brass/plastic valve/connector that is screwed into the water heater outlet fitting. Typically, what happens is the valve "calcifies" and sticks closed, then no hot water flows from the water heater. You might try knocking on the valve with a plastic handled screwdriver to dislodge it or even removing the fitting and "punching out the insides" as an emergency fix. If you disable the one way valve, you will get cold/hot water mix at the faucets as the cold water can push the hot water away from the faucet outlets. It makes for some "what will I get this time" hand washing and some terrible showering, but it will get you by until morning in an emergency.

flybouy
10-27-2019, 08:22 PM
The anode is a sacrificial metal that's there to protect the metal tank from corroding. It has no effect on pressure. The most likely cause would be a partially obstructed check valve.
You don't list the year of your unit so I'm going to throw this out there. You MAY not have a check valve. You could have 3 winterizing valves on the water heater and it's possible a valve could have been bumped partially closed but that's unlikely.