PDA

View Full Version : Water leak while washing out black tank

CaseyandTina
10-27-2019, 01:04 PM
Hi All
We have a 2018 OUTBACK 299URL. As we were washing out the black tank we noticed in the bathroom, water forming on the floor next to the tub. This has never happened before. Anyone else have this issue. Any ideas what may have caused this to happen.
Thanks

JRTJH
10-27-2019, 01:21 PM
Do a forum search for "Anti siphon valve" or for "Black tank flush leak" and you'll get more information than you can read in a week.....

CaseyandTina
10-27-2019, 02:15 PM
Thanks ����

Eastham
10-27-2019, 02:49 PM
Did you forget and had the black tank valve closed? If so it could of came out the back flow valve .I am not sure but I believe mine on a cougar is behind the shower wall.someone will come along with more helpful suggestions. Hopefully it wasn't to big of a mess.good luck solving the problem.

maccam1
10-27-2019, 03:58 PM
Just had mine in for service last week for the same reason,i have a 2018 cougar 32rli.
The black tank flush valve was stuck,forcing the water to come out,the water was coming out
Under the shower,the valve on my unit is behind the shower hot and cold knobs............
New valve 75.00 dollars,service charge was 75.00 for forty five minutes..long story short
Brought the old part home,and was plsying around with it,to find there was a stink bug up in
There keeping the part from working.........

CaseyandTina
10-27-2019, 04:32 PM
Just had mine in for service last week for the same reason,i have a 2018 cougar 32rli.
The black tank flush valve was stuck,forcing the water to come out,the water was coming out
Under the shower,the valve on my unit is behind the shower hot and cold knobs............
New valve 75.00 dollars,service charge was 75.00 for forty five minutes..long story short
Brought the old part home,and was plsying around with it,to find there was a stink bug up in
There keeping the part from working.........

Thank you maccam!

CaseyandTina
10-27-2019, 04:33 PM
Thank you eastham!