PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 423 black tank valve

Roadmaster
10-25-2019, 05:59 AM
I have read that several RVers have had problems with their cable operated black tank valves. My valve is very difficult to open and close and I suspect the cable is in a bind. Does anyone know if that cable can be accessed from the storage compartment or do I get to it from down under in the belly. I just don't want to remove anything that doesn't need to be removed looking for it. Thanks!

JRTJH
10-25-2019, 07:18 AM
If you have a "convenience center" located next to the front storage passthrough, chances are the Bowden cables come off the back of that and are inside the trailer, before they pass through the floor to the tank valves. If, on the other hand, your "pull handles" are mounted on the chassis rail, it's likely that your Bowden cables are located under the floor and above the coroplast. As models change, features change and even on the same year model, I've seen two or three different "features", some like last year's model, some like this year's model and some like "next years model"....

I'd suggest "imagining" where the cables go from the pull handle. If they are above the floor, chances are the cable is also above the floor, at least initially.